Super rich AFRs during tip in

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

cquence
http://phpbb3styles.net

Super rich AFRs during tip in

Post by cquence »

When taking off or just idling, if I stab the throttle or just give it a small input the engine would just get pig rich. I've adjusted the Tip-in value set at -80% and the afr reading would still dip down to 10.5 and the car would bogged. If I slowly rev it up and hold it at the same map/rpm value until tip-in correction is finished the afr would at 14 or so. any suggestion is appreciated.
Attachments
Copy of NEW GEN BASE CAL. 0.0.2.3.R1.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
tip-in too rich_06062009_1335.elf
(255.04 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

No injector offset?

cquence

Post by cquence »

No injector offset.. I set it at 0 because I think it gives me the most consistent AFR with the selected RC injector battery offset table. Are you suggesting I should?

ls_dx

Post by ls_dx »

Did you cal TPS?

cquence

Post by cquence »

Yes the TPS is scaled

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

if you find and answer to this let me know. i have been plauged with this same issue for years. not only in ectune but in crome and uberdata also. the problem seems to be more noticable in the high rpm's between shifts. its just pegs rich and bogs down for a split second.

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

Same here. Adjusting tip in/out nor the 1st 2 columns seem to help. Unfortunately ive learned to live with it. I just hope its not damaging the engine or fouling plugs too early. MantisX

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I don;t have ectune installed on my home PC yet, but I\"ll install and look at it in the next day or so..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

cquence

Post by cquence »

Just got back from testing again. I took Bugermass first advice and use the injector offset FV. I initially didnt want to use offset FV because I thought read somewhere that Calvin was going to remove it in the future rom updates. I didnt want my tune to change if that happens so I just left it at 0. (STUPID ME!) Well on the first Cal. I made, which was posted above, I had to ramp up alot of fuel on the fuel maps to even start the car initially. Since injector offset was set at 0 I ended up added something like 20-30% of extra fuel on the maps to even make the engine stay idling. I think thats whats my problem was. So I started over same steps to make the Cal. But used injector offset this time around. I ended up having 27FV of injector offset after the engine has warmed up with ECT and IAT correction reached 0 or so. The car starts up and idles smoothly now with out even touching the fuel maps yet. I set Tip-in at -60% and VIOLA! afr stayed around 13.5-14 when I stab on the gas. I will be testing more tomorrow and see what happens. But initial results are pretty good. Thanks Bugermass!

naturalalloy

Post by naturalalloy »

So tip in adjustments are not calculated on the raw fuel value you see in the maps? Can you enter in a value greater than 100% in either direction?
Last edited by naturalalloy on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cquence

Post by cquence »

Ectune will let you go up to -100% to +100%.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

tipout is column 1/2. Tipin just have to use the mulitplier.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

naturalalloy

Post by naturalalloy »

last time I tried it -100% wasn't enough to make any noticable change.

calvin

Post by calvin »

weird.. TIP IN? rom 63?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

naturalalloy

Post by naturalalloy »

Yes tip in. I'm not sure what version it was on. Nothing older than week ago.