fuel cut tips

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

elevation
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by elevation »

Tune your tip in ,tip out.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

The logging of the map signal is a bit slow compared to what is happening inside the plenum. So what you see is just the average of the map signal. So if you put another 50mbar upon what you see you will be quit good. So if you see max 160mbar at decelerating, try 210mbar as setting. Sometimes it has te be even higher. O, I always use 1% as tps setting.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

combz

Post by combz »

well i see low values (do't know off the top of my mead, i think around 160 ish when decelrating) then like mementioned they spike up for a bit. I just found it wierd that even though my map went to 225mbar, and my mbar on fuel cut was set to 250, fuel cut still turned off.even though i never touched the throttle. I will try setting fuel cut mbar higher, reducing my tps for fuel cut. I'll also look into tip in and tip out. Excellent suggestions thanks

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Fuel cut works fine.. I've used it with no issues on several cars.. One thing to check is make sure theres no vac leaks.. Any small vac leak can cause the mbar value to need to be set to high and will cause weird drivability issues. Also, in 99% of the cars I've done I set fuelcut to 0% TPS. Make sure your TPS is calbrated properly!! You WILL have to set the mbar higher than the avg max vac during decel, there will be spikes in mbar, I'm not 100% sure, but I think they come from the IAC pulsing for idle control.. Like I said I\"m not 100% sure but it would make alotta sence as to they there are spikes in the mbar during decel. In any case fuel cut works fine .. Just use 0% TPS and set your mbar a bit higher than your max vac reading during decel.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

Bugermass wrote:Fuel cut works fine.. I've used it with no issues on several cars.. One thing to check is make sure theres no vac leaks.. Any small vac leak can cause the mbar value to need to be set to high and will cause weird drivability issues. Also, in 99% of the cars I've done I set fuelcut to 0% TPS. Make sure your TPS is calbrated properly!! You WILL have to set the mbar higher than the avg max vac during decel, there will be spikes in mbar, I'm not 100% sure, but I think they come from the IAC pulsing for idle control.. Like I said I"m not 100% sure but it would make alotta sence as to they there are spikes in the mbar during decel. In any case fuel cut works fine .. Just use 0% TPS and set your mbar a bit higher than your max vac reading during decel.
Thanks for the help.. I have my fuel cut set to 3% TPS so I will lower to 0

calvin

Post by calvin »

i hope it works out;)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

danz

Post by danz »

Gaskleppie wrote:The logging of the map signal is a bit slow compared to what is happening inside the plenum. So what you see is just the average of the map signal. So if you put another 50mbar upon what you see you will be quit good. So if you see max 160mbar at decelerating, try 210mbar as setting. Sometimes it has te be even higher. O, I always use 1% as tps setting.
are you referring to the fact the mbar jumps from 160 upon letting off the throttle to 210ish within a second or two? i verified this with my vacuum gauge as well. it goes from around 26inhg and jumps to 24inhg when the injectors completely close. it will pull a steady -26inhg if i disable fuel cut (ie when tuning tip out) can someone provide tips on calibrating tip in? my tip out (high vacuum columns) are tuned to around 14:1 AFR, its tough to get them perfect how ever. Bugermass; yes fuel cut works, we should make a new thread titled, "fuel cut tips"

calvin

Post by calvin »

i just tuned a stock h22 with ICE. no fcut problems. mbar 200mbar and tps 5%. i deceled with fuelcut active from 6k rpm till resume. I'll take this bin and put in PRO to be sure, but this bin should already be the base rom for a cal. I'll verify tomorrow. I didn't notice any problems at all!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Can someone take a look at this for me? Fuel Cut never engages for me ever since a few updates ago. I smell gas everytime I decelerate :shock:
Attachments
Chris_Summer09.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
fuelcuttest.elf
(202.49 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

ckretvix wrote:Can someone take a look at this for me? Fuel Cut never engages for me ever since a few updates ago. I smell gas everytime I decelerate :shock:
I am still having the same issue as described above. I set the TPS to 0% and the mbar to 280 and no fuel cut. I tried raising the mbar to 300 and lowered back to 200.

nce

Post by nce »

works fine for me I have mbar set at 240 and tps at 4

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

I am going to remove Ectune and reinstall maybe I am not updating correctly

combz

Post by combz »

as far as i can see, upping my mbar to 250 feels like it works, and i think my tps is like 2%. I found that i was getting small spikes in vaccuum when in decel, so thats why i upped my mbar to about 30 mbar above my spike. anything less it would still cut off and on. Then my tps was at 5%, but i lowered it because i found when i was BARELY touching ther throttle (my gas pedal moves really easily) that the car would ocasiaonlly still jerk. Still does it a tiny bit on very rare ocassions, but im happy with how its working now.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

any ideas?

calvin

Post by calvin »

combz wrote:as far as i can see, upping my mbar to 250 feels like it works, and i think my tps is like 2%. I found that i was getting small spikes in vaccuum when in decel, so thats why i upped my mbar to about 30 mbar above my spike. anything less it would still cut off and on. Then my tps was at 5%, but i lowered it because i found when i was BARELY touching ther throttle (my gas pedal moves really easily) that the car would ocasiaonlly still jerk. Still does it a tiny bit on very rare ocassions, but im happy with how its working now.
i'm buying a stock car to test... no car to test....