My turn to whine

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

My turn to whine

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Target AFR tables can be edited, but the changes aren't saved. I believe this has been addressed elsewhere. I suspect ECT vs fuel warmup correction does not work in .39 and .40, I found it impossible to change AFRs on warmup via this table. COM errors crash eCtune. I am 100% NOT SURE but I suspect some IAT or CTS correction bugs. Ambient, engine, and intake temps varied around a LOT last night and I wasn't able to test as much as I wanted to, mostly due to being unable to play back datalogs. For the most part it's pleasing.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Target AFR was never saved... but in the latest version or next release it is ECT works... I tested my self... But i will do again... COM error crashes? Explain? I know i have to test. If you datalog or emulate and remove the cables What bugs IAT CTS? Why can't you play log files?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Joey Misanthropy

Sorry to not have replied promptly, I've been running around over family and school related stuff. As far as the COM errors, sometimes the Ostrich and HULOG cables got plugged into different places on the USB hub, or I used a different USB hub which caused them to appear on different COM ports. eCtune appears to not want to recognize ECU/HULOG when ports are changed around, and sometimes crash - just closes itself with no warning or popupm error messages. After restarting eCtune or rebooting the laptop the settings take and everything connects seamlessly. I could not replay logs as of last Thursday, and attempting to access the Graphs tab popped up an error box. I just loaded a log and replayed it a few minutes ago, as well as successfully used the Graph function. I'm thinking the problem is with my hardware, as eCtune takes a second to load up and occupies a decent chunk of RAM. This laptop is a bit old, Thinkpad T20 with 700 Mhz P3 and 128MB RAM, but the registry is pretty clean as I don't fool around on it. Last I knew blundar had the same laptops I do...do you think I should buy more memory, or another laptop? I have plenty of cash to do either, I just like the older Thinkpads as they are indestructible and would like to retain them as long as possible. FYI, I have two T20s, got both new in the box. As for my other woes, I have a session with the BRMS car again Wednesday and I'll give everything a thorough going over, and take notes.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:Sorry to not have replied promptly, I've been running around over family and school related stuff. As far as the COM errors, sometimes the Ostrich and HULOG cables got plugged into different places on the USB hub, or I used a different USB hub which caused them to appear on different COM ports. eCtune appears to not want to recognize ECU/HULOG when ports are changed around, and sometimes crash - just closes itself with no warning or popupm error messages. After restarting eCtune or rebooting the laptop the settings take and everything connects seamlessly. I could not replay logs as of last Thursday, and attempting to access the Graphs tab popped up an error box. I just loaded a log and replayed it a few minutes ago, as well as successfully used the Graph function. I'm thinking the problem is with my hardware, as eCtune takes a second to load up and occupies a decent chunk of RAM. This laptop is a bit old, Thinkpad T20 with 700 Mhz P3 and 128MB RAM, but the registry is pretty clean as I don't fool around on it. Last I knew blundar had the same laptops I do...do you think I should buy more memory, or another laptop? I have plenty of cash to do either, I just like the older Thinkpads as they are indestructible and would like to retain them as long as possible. FYI, I have two T20s, got both new in the box. As for my other woes, I have a session with the BRMS car again Wednesday and I'll give everything a thorough going over, and take notes.
Put the comm port to auto scan. That should fix the issue with changing comports. Make sure your car is KOEO Buy a new thinkpad they are pretty good.. .Net framework uses a lot of resources
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Joey Misanthropy

I was getting errors and no connections with autoscan, eCtune crashing was a product of manual configurations. In the future I'll just try to restart the application and then try a reboot.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'll run some test today

Joey Misanthropy

I confirmed ECT and CTS fuel corrections work, but the car is just plain wierd. Idles at 12.2 one second, stoich the next, until coolant temps hit 160-165 degrees F at which point it runs right. Anyway, I added a stick of RAM to the laptop today, boots faster and feels a little snappier. XP claims 26 processes at boot, I think I'm going to reformat with a petiter version of XP that has sped things up a lot on other downscale hardware. Anyway, I've replicated some of the datalogging/COM bugs that I have been experiencing. I'll attach them in order they occurred.

Joey Misanthropy

Loaded a datalog to play with datalogging offline, then tried to connect to ECU with ignition off by accident, popped error: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripControlHost.set_Text(String value) at eCtune.frmDatalogGraphs.(7ogam3f1cgccl)i0af)(Int64 , String ) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.DatalogFileOpenedDelegate.Invoke(Int64 frameMax, String MaxDuration) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.CloseDataLogFile() at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.LogWOscan() at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.Log() at eCtune.FrmMain.4)yil(Object , EventArgs ) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Joey Misanthropy

Resuming datalogging after having datalogging turned off, and key off engine off so engine could cool, to review a log. This error occurred after the engine had been started, so key was in the on position with engine running: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripControlHost.set_Text(String value) at eCtune.frmDatalogGraphs.(7ogam3f1cgccl)i0af)(Int64 , String ) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.DatalogFileOpenedDelegate.Invoke(Int64 frameMax, String MaxDuration) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.CloseDataLogFile() at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.LogWOscan() at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.Log() at eCtune.FrmMain.4)yil(Object , EventArgs ) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Joey Misanthropy

Tried to open a saved log file results in: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.ReadLogFrameSensor(Sensors sen, Int32 frameIndex) at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.)6n2x() at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.8n4h() at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.set_PlotStart(Single value) at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.upabkrohq5bxyb(DataloggingFrame ) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.DataloggingFrameReceivedDelegate.Invoke(DataloggingFrame frm) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.bdg(() at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.GotoFrame(Int64 frameIndex) at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.set_PlotCursor(Int32 value) at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.uk4m(Object , MouseEventArgs ) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Joey Misanthropy

Turning logger on after having logger off and key off... key was in on position. See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripControlHost.set_Text(String value) at eCtune.frmDatalogGraphs.(7ogam3f1cgccl)i0af)(Int64 , String ) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.DatalogFileOpenedDelegate.Invoke(Int64 frameMax, String MaxDuration) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.CloseDataLogFile() at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.LogWOscan() at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.Log() at eCtune.FrmMain.4)yil(Object , EventArgs ) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Joey Misanthropy

Loading a saved datalog after disconnecting datalogging with engine running: \"error getting maxframe from log: Object referrence not set to an instance of an object\" popup box No details popup, go to graphs and when I try to fullscreen the Graphs window I get this popup: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index) at eCtune.Dal.Datalogger.ReadLogFrameSensor(Sensors sen, Int32 frameIndex) at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.)6n2x() at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.8n4h() at eCtune.Controls.ctrlLogGraph.bdg((Object , EventArgs ) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnResize(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

calvin

Post by calvin »

Send me the log files to calvin @ ectune.com When datalogging graphs don't show anything but shouldn't result in an error. I think there is something wrong with the log files that's why the errors when trying to open it. I had some problems with graph due to DPI settings of the video card. I have changed some things in the GRAPH form. I'll mail you an update and please repeat those tests...

Joey Misanthropy

Sweetness, I will do so tonight. The car goes back to the track with my laptop in the floorboard to log with. I'd send the logs now but I left my charger at BRMS and the laptop battery is dead-ish. Tonight for those as well.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'll hear from you then