pig rich between shifts, big boost spikes fluctuations

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

tandrew21
http://phpbb3styles.net

pig rich between shifts, big boost spikes fluctuations

Post by tandrew21 »

Hey guys, I have a few questions. I put the gm 3bar map sensor few nights ago. Loaded up a basemap, started fresh and have a pretty decent tune going. 13.9 to 14.7 afrs crusing, low 11's to high 10's in boost. Now when i shift to the next gear, the wideband swings to 10 flat for a fraction of a second then im back in my 14 afr range. I know it is suppost to go all the way lean between shifts what is the cause of this and how can I fix this. My second question involves boost spiking. My setup is: 2 liter fully built sleeved GSR SC61 76 trim 560cc injectors 3 bar map 35 MM TIAL Wastegate 14psi spring<----------maybe the culprit for my spiking. Vacuum line ran from the side of the wastegate to the compressor housing of the turbo I have alot of boost fluctuation in my setup. Like from 10 to 15 psi, sometines 16 psi, even 21psi at 6500 rpm. We were doing a full throttle run tunning the other night and the map also said i spiked to 31psi on a 4th gear pull on the datalog not good considering that part of the map was not tuned. Luckily the timing was backed off to like 4 or 5 and afrs went 14.5!!! I know the injectors cant handle 31psi, these are temporary. But i need a way to control this boost. This is with a tial wastegate 35mm on a 14 psi spring. Is my wastegate size causing this boost fluctuation?? Wiould sourcing the wastegate vacuum like to the intake manifold make a difference?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

tune column 1 and 2. Make sure you run a force update. There is a delay for fuelcut. meaning if you shift faster then 600mSec fuelcut won't engage
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.