replacing ostrich 2 with demon

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

butch11a
http://phpbb3styles.net

replacing ostrich 2 with demon

Post by butch11a »

just got my demon and i read on the demon thread that i need to clear the ostrich including my licence, been reading through the wiki also but i couldn't find the procedure how it's done, can someone point me to the right direction, a link perhaps, thanks.... btw, can i just reset the ostrich and remove licence.xml?
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i'm fixing the ostrich reset app. Wait a few hours. I need to make sure you reseted the ostrich.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

I'm doing the same, apparently more to it than clearing the vendor? It works with crome now. Please let me know when you update it calvin, thanks.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

greasemonkee wrote:I'm doing the same, apparently more to it than clearing the vendor? It works with crome now. Please let me know when you update it calvin, thanks.
Yes it removes serial and everything. THe problem is you won't be able to use it in eCtune anymore with current license.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

any update on this? tnx.

calvin

Post by calvin »

tonight and tomorrow i have time free. fix fcut, lc-1, reset app.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

I hope you can also find some time to take care of my Demon shippment. Please.

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

If I'm understanding this correctly, no one can upgrade from an ostrich to a demon until the reset app. is completed? I would really like to upgrade sometime soon.

calvin

Post by calvin »

greasemonkee wrote:If I'm understanding this correctly, no one can upgrade from an ostrich to a demon until the reset app. is completed? I would really like to upgrade sometime soon.
yes you can and as far as i'm concern the rest app reset ostrich 1 and 2 correctly. Set vendor id =0 again. Check store it's shipped

S95Sedan

Post by S95Sedan »

calvin wrote:
greasemonkee wrote:If I'm understanding this correctly, no one can upgrade from an ostrich to a demon until the reset app. is completed? I would really like to upgrade sometime soon.
yes you can and as far as i'm concern the rest app reset ostrich 1 and 2 correctly. Set vendor id =0 again. Check store it's shipped
Used the same app when i reset my ostrich v2, which worked fine, can't see why it shouldn't work for him.

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

i noticed there's a new update already, does this mean that the reset app is already fixed? just want to be sure before i go resetting things hehehe...btw i plan on doing the swap already, can someone confirm if my procedure is correct, step 1. i connect to ostrich and save my current tune. 2. i reset ostrich by setting vendor id = 0. 3. i install demon in my ecu and connect to pc. 4. i put my .cal file and i request for a new license, and do i have to be online to do this? 5. pray that everything works fine, otherwise i won't be able to use my car, hahaha.... feel free to correct my procedures in case i've left out somethings or i'm not doing it correctly... .....in case things don't go as planned, can i use my ostrich and request a license for it again? One last thing, when i got my demon i noticed that there's a metal piece there where the usb plug seems to go, anyone got a picture or a link how its installed in the ecu, mostly i only see how the demon is installed, haven't seen one with the bracket and cables put in..... Tnx.

calvin

Post by calvin »

butch11a wrote:i noticed there's a new update already, does this mean that the reset app is already fixed? just want to be sure before i go resetting things hehehe...btw i plan on doing the swap already, can someone confirm if my procedure is correct, step 1. i connect to ostrich and save my current tune. 2. i reset ostrich by setting vendor id = 0. 3. i install demon in my ecu and connect to pc. 4. i put my .cal file and i request for a new license, and do i have to be online to do this? 5. pray that everything works fine, otherwise i won't be able to use my car, hahaha.... feel free to correct my procedures in case i've left out somethings or i'm not doing it correctly... .....in case things don't go as planned, can i use my ostrich and request a license for it again? One last thing, when i got my demon i noticed that there's a metal piece there where the usb plug seems to go, anyone got a picture or a link how its installed in the ecu, mostly i only see how the demon is installed, haven't seen one with the bracket and cables put in..... Tnx.
go to emulator info and send me the demon ID i'll reply with the demon serial and you are good to go.

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

Do i have to reset vendor first to connect with demon, car's in the shop so I only have demon with me?

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

My set up is with an Ostrich 1 and this what I did. 1. Went to emulator info and reset it so it shows false. 2. Removed the license.xml file from the ectune directory so it becomes ectune for demon. 3. Go back to emulator info and email Calvin the Demon ID, order receipt of Demon & eCtune. (eCtune was originally bought for Ostrich 1). 4. Wait for the Demon serial. 5. Go to emulator info, serial tab, input Demon Serial from Calvin. 6. Emulator info should now show \"true\", and you're good to go.
Last edited by 2bfi on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

calvin

Post by calvin »

tomorrow... today is sunday... going out for dinner