got a small problem

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

stealth1
http://phpbb3styles.net

got a small problem

Post by stealth1 »

i have a boosted vitara setup and i can ease into the throttle and everything is fin. the car will build boost and the car will pull to rev limit. If i go past 50 percent throttle the car will build boost and start poping and misfiring afrs look good, but as soon as it starts to miss i some how get disconnected from the computer and the data logging stops. any clues DEMON pro package i dont think it is in the fuel or ignition map, but i may have something else maybe ignition module or something, or some bug in the software. My main frustration is the disconnecting, i have to unplug the usb and reconnect it.

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

Plug gap?

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

check your grounds very carefully

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

are you running a MSD? Are you running \"high performance\" plug wires? Are you using non resistor spark plugs? Sounds like your getting ignition breakup and its causing alotta noise in your IGNition knocking out the demon.. I've had this happen in the past.. Make sure you use resistor type plugs and standard NGK plug wires. This will basically elliminate most problems caused by ingition noise interfearance.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

stealth1

Post by stealth1 »

I think I found it ....thanks you were all on the right track. I changed the plugs and ignition module. I think I had some feedback through the module. Don’t know how or why I just know I changed it and the busting up and demon problem went away. What are you doing for knock sensing? I have read the stock Honda sensors suck, i posted a thread trying to see if anyone knows how to incorporate megasquirts knock sensing system into ectune.