Injector kill used as anti theft?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

MantisX
http://phpbb3styles.net

Injector kill used as anti theft?

Post by MantisX »

Just wondering if I could kill the injectors with ectune? Could I save a bin like that and it wont start again until I change it with ectune? Is the anti-theft features coming soon with ectune? Thanks MantisX

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

Secondary maps works well for this. Set the idle area of the map and zero the rest out. Thief cranks car, but doesn't go anywhere.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

there is one small problem with anti-theft i'll look again at it.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

greasemonkee wrote:Secondary maps works well for this. Set the idle area of the map and zero the rest out. Thief cranks car, but doesn't go anywhere.
what do you use to switch maps?

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

A discreet switch.

spraymysol

Post by spraymysol »

Anti start is a Pro feature right? It is grayed out due to it not being implemented yet correct? Anti start had better be a pro feature because its the whole reason I bought eCtune, lol! Well its the one feature that made me chose it over competitors. I'm pretty excited to see it released.

cbustuner

Post by cbustuner »

spraymysol wrote:Anti start is a Pro feature right? It is grayed out due to it not being implemented yet correct? Anti start had better be a pro feature because its the whole reason I bought eCtune, lol! Well its the one feature that made me chose it over competitors. I'm pretty excited to see it released.
Correct it's just not implemented yet, but hopefully for everyone who's waiting on it, it should be soon.

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

I hope it will be soon too. Car safety should have more priority I think.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

better working ectune is more important then anti theft;)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

honda16

Post by honda16 »

greasemonkee wrote:Secondary maps works well for this. Set the idle area of the map and zero the rest out. Thief cranks car, but doesn't go anywhere.
They certainly DON'T work well when you're using them for something else. There is another option. Get a 512k chip, get a tuner to burn your good CAL to one part of it's memory, and a "bad" zero'ed out CAL to the other, and use a 2-timer to switch between. Before I had proper secondary maps (cr0me pr0), I added a pin in my harness where nothing is in the ecu, desoldered that pin from the ecu board, and hooked it to the 2-timer. The old method for an effective kill is to wire a switch to the main relay's ground. It kills injectors, ecu, and fuel pump - you get nothing but a solid CEL. You also want to relocate the main relay far up into the dash so it's impossible to jump it.