map sensor test

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

KIT
http://phpbb3styles.net

map sensor test

Post by KIT »

I think my map sensor is bad, I got no CEL but the reading is too low. If I use the option of oem map sensor test , can I detect if my map is good or bad???

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Per shop manual yes. what does it read mbar/volt and key on engine of?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

elevation

Post by elevation »

Koeo, your map and baro sensor should read the same mbar.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

KIT

Post by KIT »

The problem is that the map reads just 9psi, but the boost gauge is about 18 psi. I turn down the boost at 15 psi on my boost gauge, and the map reads 9psi.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

elevation wrote:Koeo, your map and baro sensor should read the same mbar.
almost the same. that is the quick way to check your map sensor
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

elevation

Post by elevation »

KIT wrote:The problem is that the map reads just 9psi, but the boost gauge is about 18 psi. I turn down the boost at 15 psi on my boost gauge, and the map reads 9psi.
the oem map is a 1.75 bar map and lots of times theyre inacurate for on the boost side of things. If you run 18 psi and the map sees 9 psi . both fuel and timing are WAY OFF! you need a 3 bar. :idea:
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

KIT

Post by KIT »

elevation wrote:
KIT wrote:The problem is that the map reads just 9psi, but the boost gauge is about 18 psi. I turn down the boost at 15 psi on my boost gauge, and the map reads 9psi.
the oem map is a 1.75 bar map and lots of times theyre inacurate for on the boost side of things. If you run 18 psi and the map sees 9 psi . both fuel and timing are WAY OFF! you need a 3 bar. :idea:
You are rigth, I turn down the boost till 11 psi, but stil reading 9 psi on the map sensor. I´ll copy the values that I have on the last boost coulmn (11.3 psi) to theprevious coulmn (9 psi) just to be safe, but I´ll put a 3 bar map sensor for sure

calvin

Post by calvin »

KIT wrote:
elevation wrote:
You are rigth, I turn down the boost till 11 psi, but stil reading 9 psi on the map sensor. I´ll copy the values that I have on the last boost coulmn (11.3 psi) to theprevious coulmn (9 psi) just to be safe, but I´ll put a 3 bar map sensor for sure
you will blow the engine this way

KIT

Post by KIT »

Ok, I turn down the boost till 8 psi, I´ll put a 3 bar map sensor tomorrow and then retune and turn up the boost. Thanks guys

calvin

Post by calvin »

KIT wrote:Ok, I turn down the boost till 8 psi, I´ll put a 3 bar map sensor tomorrow and then retune and turn up the boost. Thanks guys
sounds good