Code 16 wtf?..................

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

thething96
http://phpbb3styles.net

Code 16 wtf?..................

Post by thething96 »

Hi, having this weird issue that only happens once in a while. When I start to do a pull and full throtle shift from first to second, or second to third, I get a \"cut\", either fuel of ignition, the check engine pops out and reads code 16(fuel injectors). Checked wiring, redid a couple of things, but still happens. And it only occurs every blue moon, I never get to datalog when it happens. Any suggestions will be appreciated.................

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I heard some one else who has this also. I suggest to make a new rom with the same maps and settings and see if its gone. maybe just a flipped bit in your rom...
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

thething96

Post by thething96 »

I'll try and post the results........

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Redid a new map(jdm b16), and car is doing ok. Actually, I tried both maps and both were good, code 16 pops up once in a while, but is there a mechanical issue that could make that code come on? I've never personally known anybody with that issue................

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

And what happens when you disable the injector test circuit?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

Maybe not much help but mine did this once when I accidentally pinched one of my injector wires under my shock tower bar lol. MantisX

thething96

Post by thething96 »

the injectors are not near the strut bar, I checked to see if they were touching anything, but it's all good. The test circuit is disabled. I'm currently running NGK 6097 BKR7E's. I noticed that there is an NGK 4644 BKR7E Resistor type plug. Will running a non-resistor plug create some type of interfirience with the injectors or electrical components?

thething96

Post by thething96 »

By the way, the car is a 98' Type R JRSC.

elevation

Post by elevation »

thething96 wrote:the injectors are not near the strut bar, I checked to see if they were touching anything, but it's all good. The test circuit is disabled. I'm currently running NGK 6097 BKR7E's. I noticed that there is an NGK 4644 BKR7E Resistor type plug. Will running a non-resistor plug create some type of interfirience with the injectors or electrical components?
I think bad for your coil
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

thething96

Post by thething96 »

ok, thanks very much for responding. Will post any new findings................

calvin

Post by calvin »

nice support threat
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Well, redid the injector wiring,made a new map as some of you suggested. So far, so good, no problems(knock on wood). Thanks for the suggestions. One more for the good guys...................................