Honda Prelude and eCtune?????????????????

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

thething96
http://phpbb3styles.net

Honda Prelude and eCtune?????????????????

Post by thething96 »

Hi, don't know how true this is, but I'm being told that a 99' Prelude SH with ATTS can't use eCtune? All this because with eCtune, the ATTS won't work. How true is this? Thanks.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

its not just ectune. Its the fact that you have to run an OBD1 computer to be able to run ectune (just like all the other OBD1 tuning systems). When you remove the factory SH computer, the atts computer does not work and renders the ATTS unit dead and inoperable.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Even though OBD 1 ecu's can't support the ATTS, will the vehicle still run with a non-working ATTS?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

ATTS?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

thething96 wrote:Even though OBD 1 ecu's can't support the ATTS, will the vehicle still run with a non-working ATTS?
yes, it will become dead weight. ATTS is essentially an electronically control clutch unit for the axles. Active Torque Transfer System.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Thank you very much for response.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

i have ran ectune in JDM prelude with tiptronic
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

borat

Post by borat »

SportShift != ATTS Also, Tiptronic == Porsche, SportShift == Honda. ATTS is an active differential system that can send torque back and forth across the axle. It relies on its own computer, and is therefore incompatible with ECU swapping. It's still in use today on vehicles such as the Acura TL SH-AWD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SH-AWD#Development Should I be worried that all of this needs to be explained to someone who specializes in Hondas? :wink:
99 Prelude Base 5spd JRSC ~7 psi

calvin

Post by calvin »

not at all i guess.... i'm not god... :?

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

borat wrote: Should I be worried that all of this needs to be explained to someone who specializes in Hondas? :wink:
the prelude is the red headed step child of honda performance....

thething96

Post by thething96 »

As far as I know, the only way to tune a Prelude with ATTS and still retain it would be with a Greddy E-Manage or a VAFC. Doesn't seem like it would be impossible to have eCtune able to activate the ATTS, right?

relic1

Post by relic1 »

there is a communication line between the ECU and ATTS unit that needs to be there. I'm not sure what it communicates or what protocol it uses, but without that the ATTS is dead. I've been working with a guy that has an ATTS Lude that he's looking to build up a little, the car is currently not running or I'd have more info on the communication between the ATTS and ECU.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

thething96 wrote:As far as I know, the only way to tune a Prelude with ATTS and still retain it would be with a Greddy E-Manage or a VAFC. Doesn't seem like it would be impossible to have eCtune able to activate the ATTS, right?
Another, supposedly better, alternative to the e-manage or the VAFC would be AEM's F/IC. For a piggy back controller its actually fairly flexible... More info: http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.as ... goryID=116 Although if someone could figure out the purpose of the ATTS communication line to the ECU and emulate it, we'd be golden. :?

borat

Post by borat »

AEM F/IC would be the way to go if you have to have ATTS. However, I've heard that ATTS starts acting up at around 250hp, so it's probably better to get rid of it anyway. http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2307566
99 Prelude Base 5spd JRSC ~7 psi