map sensor change

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

[email protected]
http://phpbb3styles.net

map sensor change

Post by [email protected] »

currently running an OEM Honda map sensor, want to install a xenocron 3 bar. Can I just change it, then go into my .cal file and change it there ? Or, do I need to make a new .cal ? Thanks Jeff
Jeff Augusta GA 88 CRX JRSC B16

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

I think that you shouldn't need a new .cal?

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

You dont, but it will screw with your tables so itd need to be retuned.

thething96

Post by thething96 »

You dont, but it will screw with your tables so itd need to be retuned
x2 If not fully retuned, at least some changes (specially fuel) will be needed.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Even if you start a new cal with the new map sensor and copy and paste the corresponding fuel/timing cells; it will still need a lot of work. For some reason it changes the fuel curves. Every time I have tried changing maps I've found it was just best to spend the time to retune completely with a new cal and not waste time figuring out ways not to.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

The way that I did this was to convert my fuel map into a function ie F(x)=.. Then I just use interpolation to figure out the values. Worked fine for me crossing everything over. Now if my setup was a little bit more stable I would work out a differential equation for it which would be sick. I will be trying this in the future when I have time.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

DSMR wrote:The way that I did this was to convert my fuel map into a function ie F(x)=.. Then I just use interpolation to figure out the values. Worked fine for me crossing everything over. Now if my setup was a little bit more stable I would work out a differential equation for it which would be sick. I will be trying this in the future when I have time.
do you hvae an excel sheet or something? then i can add it to ectune
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

calvin wrote:
DSMR wrote:The way that I did this was to convert my fuel map into a function ie F(x)=.. Then I just use interpolation to figure out the values. Worked fine for me crossing everything over. Now if my setup was a little bit more stable I would work out a differential equation for it which would be sick. I will be trying this in the future when I have time.
do you hvae an excel sheet or something? then i can add it to ectune
No, I just used my old Ti-83 Calculator and some paper. I am sure you can use an excel worksheet to interpolate the values. It would be a nice addition to your software to have it automatically do this. For instance: You go to a larger map sensor. Instead of remapping all of the values, the program would automatically rescale all of the fuel values to match the scalers desired. And the same for the ignition values. This is just for convenience and I do not think it should take precedence over more important things like anti-start and so forth.