IAT sensor in engine bay

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

b20beast
http://phpbb3styles.net

IAT sensor in engine bay

Post by b20beast »

My car is boosted, and my IAT sensor is not in my charge pipe, just hangs in my bay. Should i remove the corrections? It throws off my IDLE afr REALLY bad.

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

install your IAT where it belongs, period.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

combz

Post by combz »

xenocron has a sweet little mounting aluminum plate that an obd1 IAT sensor screws to. i got it welded to my charge pipe..its great really.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

install your IAT where it belongs, period.
The only right answer.... This is the 2nd important sensor there is underneath the hood. Its very important to measure the right temperature!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

whats the most important sensor?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

map...

ge0ne
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by ge0ne »

why not tps?
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

because the tps does only tip-in enrichment and that sort of things. map does the amount of fuel and timing. IAT has the biggest correction on that.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

What about heat-soak of the IAT in the mani?

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

Very informative thread Thanks! MantisX

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Does the IAT sensor even react fast enough to warrant putting it in the charge pipe?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Heat soak is never a good thing and has to be avoid as much as possible. I see the best AF results with IAT sensors further away from the head. I run an IAT sensor like on the EK civic's and I never have problems like running lean when idling for a long time. When the IAT sensor is on the right place, the temperature does not change very fast so the IAT correction will be better then when the sensor measures heat soak. I had a B16A a while ago with a performer X manifold. The IAT sensor is at the back of that manifold and that gave perfect readings also.

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Gaskleppie wrote:
Heat soak is never a good thing and has to be avoid as much as possible. I see the best AF results with IAT sensors further away from the head. I run an IAT sensor like on the EK civic's and I never have problems like running lean when idling for a long time. When the IAT sensor is on the right place, the temperature does not change very fast so the IAT correction will be better then when the sensor measures heat soak. I had a B16A a while ago with a performer X manifold. The IAT sensor is at the back of that manifold and that gave perfect readings also.
when the IAT sensor gets heat soakes, idle will go lean correct? i get this problem car goes so lean it will not idle

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

b20beast wrote:
Gaskleppie wrote:
when the IAT sensor gets heat soakes, idle will go lean correct? i get this problem car goes so lean it will not idle
Fix the iat correction for idle then

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

it is in the engine bay i even added '50' as the correction and still too lean