Another tip-in jerking question........

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

thething96
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by thething96 »

Now that I think about it, the best way to explain the bucking is that it feels like an ignition missfire, exactly the same. It feels like 2 cyliners get a misfire when it happens...

ninezeroteg

Post by ninezeroteg »

Maybe that's what it's doing.. I would try a different distributor. It may be a shot in the dark, but it seems that everything is for you at this point. :D I had a distributor go bad on me a week or so ago on a dyno. It would run fine in the low rpm's, but as soon as it hit 5200 it would start cutting out. Replaced the distributor, and viola. Does your tach bounce at all?

thething96

Post by thething96 »

No, rpm's increase in a good way. When the hessitation happens, vss and rpm look ok. I'm getting a distributor tomorrow night, I'll try that. Why I'm sure that it should be the distributor is because if I recall, there's a cam position type sensor and other random sensors/triggers on the distributor, so if one of those is bad, then ignition might be off as well, specially since the tip in jerking is not always fuel related....

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

you would get a code if any of those sensors were bad or sending the wrong signals.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

weird. well post another log file and i will take a look at it.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Well, tried another borrowed distributor, and sadly this one wasn't working at all. The dizzy came off a obd2 b16, but the car wouldn't even start with it. Maybe this dizzy is bad, or maybe a b16 unit will not work on a type r, but I always thought b16 and b18c's were interchangeable. I ordered a new one, will get it today in the afternoon, so we'll see.......

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Ok, so I ordered a new distributor. This one does work, but again(after a million said times), THE PROBLEM IS STILL PRESENT!!! I'm just giving up, and suck it up, I guess. I've already done anything I can possibly do, and no results at all, so that's the end of that. Thank you all very much for your help.......

David974

Post by David974 »

Please post last cal and elf file for the last elf file you only post when problem appears and tell us when it's very bad, do a new one if needed When you switch to Crome do you change anything else? (ecu,?emulator?) or just switch from software regards

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

just a shot in the dark but what about mechanical problems? i.e. vacuum leak, low compression, blown head gasket on a cyl, i am an automotive tech and i have come across some weird stuff like this just on stock vehicles, import and domestic. a couple of months ago i had a Chevy s-10 with a 4.3l vortec motor come in with a similar problem, it idled fine and 50% throttle and up was good, but light throttle and cruising it had a slight miss, the customer had replaced the distributor, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, coil, module, spider injector assy, and the mass air flow sensor, and he was still having the same problem, i pulled all of the plug and one of the cyls plug was fuel fowled, so i did a compression test and found that cyl was 37 psi lower than the lowest cyl, which the other 5 cylinders were within 8 psi of each other. i did a smoke test and the smoke was coming from the tail pipe, i pulled the head and there it was, there was a crack in the valve seat, and that was causing the whole problem. so the moral of the story is, don't look to deep and forget about the simple stuff!!! Ive been turning wrenches for 9 years now and Ive done it, car comes in running like shit, no check engine light on, start testing electrical components, to find out everything is in working order, and it was all caused by a vacuum leak or something stupid and simple. so make sure you check the basics before giving up. keep your head up bro!!!
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Good advise! If it was something in the software, we all would have noticed it, or at least some one else would know the answer. It must be a hardware problem...
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

from what Ive read in this post he has gone through everything electrical and ecu related, yet nothing that has to do with the motor, or mechanical system. just an observation, it doesnt hurt to check before giving up.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

here is a perfect example......read this post http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=2022 a d-series complaining that he can get it to rev past 7200 or something around there, he went the everything in ectune software wise assuming it was a problem there and come to find out his motor dropped a valve, i dont know how he didnt hear it but its a good example of it being mechanical problems when he assumed it to be software problems. sorry guy whom made this post to use you as a example, just trying to make a point

David974

Post by David974 »

but the car seems to be good on Crome So perhaps because Ectune allow more control than Crome on a lot of parameter, something's going wrong in the calibration of one paramter value in the ROM bin (emulation) i don't know how to explain also agree with jpjackson

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

the possibility's are endless, and he has eliminated the electrical aspect of it i.e. dissy, injectors, ect., ect., ...... he cant correct it by changing parameters in ectune, so make sure your engine is mechanically sound and eliminate that possibility, then if everything is good then lean to it being a software issue. its a possess of elimination.

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Thanks alot for the good support!! I know I shouldn't give up, it's just so frustrating not to be albe to fix this sh1t problem. All I did with crome was make a bin file using the type r map, adjusted fuel, ignition is pretty much stock, and that was it.I really can't work on the car too much, it's getting real cold. I'll repost the cal and log, and do a compression test as soon as I get a new heater for the garage. Thanks.....