Another tip-in jerking question........

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

thething96
http://phpbb3styles.net

Another tip-in jerking question........

Post by thething96 »

I've tried different setups, but no matter what, everytime,even at very light throttle, the car jerks. I've adjusted fuel and ignition tip-in, but no luck. As a matter of fact, when I add fuel at tip-in, the whole tip in column runs rich, which I don't know if its normal. The IAT is relocated to the intake. Just in case, car is a 98' type r, stock, except for a warm air intake. Any suggestions? Thanks......................

David974

Post by David974 »

I've a the same problem and this is more like a wrong fuel cut setting but i don't bother to lazy to play with my fuel cut settings so check your datalogs and play with your fuel cut

thething96

Post by thething96 »

That's what I thought at first. But the car has a descent tip in afr, even though i'll be at 1% throttle, and slightly go to 2,3,4,5 %throttle, the car will still jerk. It seems that the problem is not afr issues. Is there another reason as to the car jerking? Thanks....

ge0ne
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by ge0ne »

you are having the issue with stock injectors?
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

thething96

Post by thething96 »

the injectors are actually rc 550's high imp. believe it or not,this set of injectors are not that bad. i've had some bad rc's,and specially precision 1000 's.............

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

have you looked to see if your fuel cut is going active/inactive.. Mabey it needs to be adjusted.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Ill datalog soon and see what the f is happening. The car doesn't feel like its going in and out of fuel cut, just jerks for a split second. But who knows. With my luck, its probably something random as f**k, probably solar flare interferience, or the lunar probe possibly crashing on the moon.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

LOL.. who knows lol..

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Looking at datalogs, the car is partially leaning out at about 10%tps. I've added 20% tip in fuel trim and is still some what jerking, not as bad at very light throttle, but still the same at regular acceleration. I don't want to add too much tip in fuel, because it makes the decceleration run rich, specially while idle recuperation, it goes to 10.0-11.5 afr. It's getting really anoying. Any other tips would be, and I can't stress enough, GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS........

David974

Post by David974 »

So you didn't play with fuel cut settings? also check your distrutor cap and rotor and an eye on spark plugs

thething96

Post by thething96 »

spark plugs are about 1 month old, bkr7e's. wires are about 2 months, ngk blue's. cap and rotor are about 8 months old, oem honda. could it be timing related as well? i have stock settings for tip in ignition, but am not very familiar with those setups, don't want to mess with the stock settings, and end up getting worse.................

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

post your cal and a datalog with the issue.

thething96

Post by thething96 »

I will post pretty soon. I'm using the stock 02 sensor to datalog ectune at the moment, but I do have an AEM wideband installed in the car, working good. The reason why i don't hook up the wideband to ectune, is because a lot of people have told me that the AEM wideband is kinda bad, not very accurate. I know these wideband are slightly off. When i dynoed my car, the wideband would read 12.0 afrs, but the dyno sensor was reading 12.5 afrs. I would think that a 50,000 dollar dyno is going to be more accurate than a 200 dollar wideband......

relic1

Post by relic1 »

thething96 wrote:I would think that a 50,000 dollar dyno is going to be more accurate than a 200 dollar wideband......
depends on what wideband they have, and where they placed it. it's not uncommon to see a little difference between the tailpipe mounted wideband and the one in the stock O2 location. whose dyno were you using?
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

thething96

Post by thething96 »

It's in a shop called Fluid Motorunion in Plainfield. These guys speciallize in european cars, and their work is f*cking AMAZING!!! I was really amazed when I saw the \"dyno lounge\" they had( it's like if a restaurant and a dyno room had sex, then the\" lounge\" would come out!). They have a new Dyno Dynamics...........