Ectune encountered a problem, needs to close. please help.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

butch11a
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ectune encountered a problem, needs to close. please help.

Post by butch11a »

my usb cable frpm the ecu to pc got pulled yesterday while ectune was running, tried to reconnect and it didn't connect, so i restarted the pc and got this error. Addl'l info, windows xp, moates hulog n ostrich 2, lc-1 all on a usb hub. tried reinstalling ectune and deleting in4tecsoln already and it didn't work, pls help, tnx
Attachments
ectunescrnerror1.jpg
ectunescrnerror1.jpg (51.89 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
ectunescrnerror2.jpg
ectunescrnerror2.jpg (32.96 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

I normally just try to 'continue' through the errors when you get them, some you have to restart ectune, but most don't seem to effect ectune after you click 'continue'.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

tried clicking continue and it worked before, but this time it stopped and didn't reconnect anymore. thanks for the tip anyways, tnx

thething96

Post by thething96 »

I had a similar issue with ectune on windows xp, Calvin said to uninstall and reinstall, which for me it did the trick, but your case might be different............

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

i hope it doesn't have to come to that...

thething96

Post by thething96 »

It's not that big of a deal. You should have the original ectune file(which should be saved under documents, and you probably had to use winrar archiver). The way I did it is to remove ectune under control panel/add or remove software. After that, I went to my documents, uploaded ectune again, did a web update, and presto!!!!! I'm not sure if you'll have to do that.......

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

tried what you said and i got the locked message telling me to update to the latest version, when i did a force update same thing happened, i got the same error as before, ectune encountered a problem and needs to close, i hope someone has an idea what else i can do, thanks anyways....

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

finally got ectune to run, had to do a system restore and reinstall ectune as thething96 said, and it finally opened, thanks everyone....