Running eCtune on Mac in VMWare

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

b3st0fth3w0rst
http://phpbb3styles.net

Running eCtune on Mac in VMWare

Post by b3st0fth3w0rst »

So, i switched to a Macbook from windows and decided to try and see if eCtune will run in VMWare Fusion under OSX snow leopard. so i installed vista, did all the updates, and installed the dot net framework 3.5 as well as the latest FTDI USB driver from moates. Then i got the ostrich license and everything seem to be going fine. i can datalog, and emulate like normal. The only problem is that i cannot \"Get ROM\" form the ostrich. I can upload the ROM and the calibrations, and realtime updates work fine. But when i click \"Get ROM\" i get the following error every time: \"Get ROM failed after 3 tries\" Has anyone successfully gotten something like this to work? (running ectune on windows in a VM on a MAC) I'd really like to get it to work, if not then i guess it's back to windows for me. well just to tune at least.

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Has anyone got it working on bootcamp?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

b3st0fth3w0rst

Post by b3st0fth3w0rst »

i dont see why boot camp would work, ur basically running a windows pc if u boot up into it. if i cant get the vm to work i'm probably just going to go that route instead. everything works in the vm, except the \"get ROM\" option, which i guess really isn't that big a deal. chance are you save the cal files anyway so you can just always do a \"open last rom\" from the file menu and that should be the last thing put on the ostrich.

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

I'm also running eCtune on a Mac Leopard under VMWare Fusion 2.0. With the Ostrich 1 I could get ROM with difficulty, by increasing the number of retries. However, with the Demon, I can't get ROM. I tried it with a PC based laptop and it worked flawlessly.

b3st0fth3w0rst

Post by b3st0fth3w0rst »

Hmmm....I'll increase the number of retries n give it a try. How many retries did you increase yours to?

b3st0fth3w0rst

Post by b3st0fth3w0rst »

so after 5000 retries it finally loads the ROM from the emulator. takes about 2-3 minutes or so to do it though. i wonder why it takes so many retries...?

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

I increased retries to 20 and it takes less than 10 seconds. This was on an Ostrich 1.

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

Did you increase the baud rate settings in the driver properties?
eCtune Team

b3st0fth3w0rst

Post by b3st0fth3w0rst »

No i did not, i'll try to increase the baud rate later tonight

b3st0fth3w0rst

Post by b3st0fth3w0rst »

i cant change the baud rate settings, only the com port. the buad is grayed out.

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

I tried changing the baud rate in the driver properties. That didn't work. Is there a specific speed I should try?

b3st0fth3w0rst

Post by b3st0fth3w0rst »

yea, same here. i increased the baud rate in the driver setting, seems a bit faster but not much. i don't know what else to do, but i'll probably just deal with it. everything else works fine so...

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Can you change the latency of the com port?

b3st0fth3w0rst

Post by b3st0fth3w0rst »

what do u mean by \"latency\"?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

When you use the right USB windows drivers you can change the latency of the port. Stock setting is 16. Normally when you lower it, the read/write speed goes up.