Help with map. Car won't start, works fine without Ostrich.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

cyanide
http://phpbb3styles.net

Help with map. Car won't start, works fine without Ostrich.

Post by cyanide »

Hi. I'm running an ITB setup. The car cranks and starts immediately when Ostrich isn't connected to my ECU (P28). However, on connected the Ostrich with my map, the car refuses to start. I get the Solid + 3 quick CEL flashes and can datalog. However, nothing I do helps. I've run the car on CROME before and it worked, albeit quite shitty since there was no mapping done. Same with the fallback map on the P28. I'm posting a log file and my cal file (basemap taken from a user who posted of a similar engine configuration here). If it matters, I also created a new basemap for a D15B engine and turned off a couple of sensors. Same problem. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.
Attachments
ectune_current.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
log_07122009_1931.elf
(124.26 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

Bump. Help, please?

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

more details please..
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

What details do you need? 190cc injectors running at 40psi of pressure. Rail has pressure as shown by a FP gauge. I will be connecting the wideband today as my USB <> Serial converter had conked off. Will post another log and try a P28 stock map, have only tried a P08 map until now. However, can you tell me if you find anything out of the ordinary with the cal file? Thanks!

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

Had some more time with the car today, and it turned out that there was no spark at all. The car ran fine 2 days back without an Ostrich (base P28 map), but as soon as the Ostrich was connected, the car cranked, ran for half a second and then turned off. Then it wouldn't start. Tried my OEM ecu today, same problem. Since everything else stayed the same, I guess it's a wire short somewhere or a busted distributor. Wiring has been spliced at only 2 places, one for a 3-wire to 2-wire IACV conversion, and second for a VTP wiring hack that's required with JDM engines and CROME (owing to no VTPS in JDM engines giving a CEL). Since it was late at night, I haven't bothered to check any relays yet. The fuses are all fine, so it's either some relay or the distributor. Any pointers what I should check for? Could use some help here from people who've been through similar problems. Thanks!

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

Its a long shot, but don't forget to look at your grounds. No ground = no spark

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

Relays seem fine too. Next step is checking a distributor from a working car. If that fails, next step is checking various grounds. Would the splicing that I've done cause any of this? I've been thinking that maybe it was the VTEC Pressure Switch stuff that I've done after referring to this gif here: http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/vtpsbypass.gif I don't know the gauge of the wire but it was a standard piece of wire used in car speakers. The funny thing is that the car ran beautifully for a few minutes after all this was already done. It is when I connected my Ostrich that all this happened. Would this cause the problem somehow? It's an OBD2B to OBD1 conversion, so the VTPS bypass trick has been done on my OBD2B-OBD1 conversion harness.