Ostrich & Demon on same install, no go.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

leed
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ostrich & Demon on same install, no go.

Post by leed »

On previous version I was able to have two eCtune installs; one for ostrich, and the other for demon. W/ the current release it is not allowing be to have a second install. My current install is ostrich, and I am unable to connect to a demon for tuning. I have tried: Auto connect, manual connect, checked all port settings. Cannot select demon in settings; drop down box greyed out. What is the current procedure for using both demon and ostrich. TIA, Dave

Mike95lude

Post by Mike95lude »

Dave, If I recall correctly, Marshall and I encountered this same issue over the summer when he was setting up eCtune on his laptop for my car. We contacted Calvin and found that you cannot have both the ostrich and demon version installed at the same time, but must uninstall and reinstall each time you need to switch between the two versions. Mike

leed

Post by leed »

I figured the same, and did a fresh install and copied my license.xml over. Upon start up, it showed as ostrich version and did not allow for demon connect. I ended up using the owners laptop for tuning, although, I prefer to use mine. Calvin or anyone else, can you shed some light on the correct procedure for this? Dave

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

Mike95lude wrote:Dave, If I recall correctly, Marshall and I encountered this same issue over the summer when he was setting up eCtune on his laptop for my car. We contacted Calvin and found that you cannot have both the ostrich and demon version installed at the same time, but must uninstall and reinstall each time you need to switch between the two versions. Mike
This is correct. When I uninstall, I make sure to keep the folder structure the same so it is easy to distinguish. I have one directory named eCtune/Ostrich/ and the other eCtune/Demon/ Just keep the license files in their appropriate folders, and each time you re-install, the license should be there and ready to use. It takes about 5 minutes to perform the install/uninstall and reconfigure the software, but it seems to be the only way to accomplish this. Good luck, Marshall

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Hypothetically speaking: install ostrich version. (during install record which reg. keys are created) Backup this install in a rar/zip and export the created reg. keys Then uninstall. now install ostrich version. (during install record which reg. keys are created) backup this installin a zip/rar and export the created reg. keys. Then uninstall again. Now swiching would be as simple as inzip/unrar and double click the correct reg. export. But.... this is hypothetically! (I only have an Ostrich) 8)

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

you can just rename license.xml to license.xml.temp and use demon ver and for ostrich ver you rename license.xml.temp to license.xml
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.