overlay 1, 2, 3, are greyed out, want to use for boost and

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jpjackson
http://phpbb3styles.net

overlay 1, 2, 3, are greyed out, want to use for boost and

Post by jpjackson »

i was wondering how and if i could get the extra overlays to work? i am wanting to see boost on a overlay, is this a tuner feature or its just not a complete feature yet. it would also be nice to use another one of the overlays for egt to help tune in timing in the boost portions of the map. thanks for the help!!!
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Unfortunately I think it's a tuner only feature. It's sad :( ,for sure it would also be useful for PRO.

jpjackson

re

Post by jpjackson »

for the money all of us have paid for this program i think we should have access to all of these features that make the tuning proses easier, i know you can see it in the graphs but it would also be nice to see in the maps to make fine adjustments per cell, the afr overlay works awesome, i use that more than anything. i love this program and i have learned a lot using it, but there is always room for improvement. why is it tuner accessible and not pro? we are trying to do the same thing as they are, just on our own vehicles, im not trying to go against calvin, i just think we should have the same access to the same tuning features a the tuner guys other than being able to tune multiple vehicles. im not trying to start any beef, i am just requesting ease of tuning
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Ouch that sucks, I'm with you guys on this one, the overlays are very handy, I use em quite often. Maybe Calvin has the tuners test the new features before he releases them to the pro users; I can see major problems arising if you give a bunch of un tested, buggy features out to pro owners, you'd def be getting a bunch of bitching as opposed to feedback and help. Don't you think if he never intended on giving the pro users certain features, he do more than just grey them out?
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

jpjackson

re

Post by jpjackson »

Don't you think if he never intended on giving the pro users certain features, he do more than just gray them out?
that's is what i was figuring but isn't the snapshot manager a tuner feature? that is grayed out on pro. i would be willing to test these overlays if Calvin would let me. i am computer savvy and definitely automotive savvy. i would love to help out in making this software better, where do i sign up?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

There features for tuners only. That will remain the same for now.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

jpjackson

re

Post by jpjackson »

Calvin wrote:There features for tuners only. That will remain the same for now.
what is required for the tuner software? i would really like to have access to these features. no one here in Jacksonville tunes using ectune, they dont know what they are missing. all the speed shops here use motec and stand alones along that line. in fact i called a couple of speed shops here in town and know one has even heard of ectune. lets get the word out :D

antoni

Re: re

Post by antoni »

jpjackson wrote:
Calvin wrote:There features for tuners only. That will remain the same for now.
what is required for the tuner software? i would really like to have access to these features. no one here in Jacksonville tunes using ectune, they dont know what they are missing. all the speed shops here use motec and stand alones along that line. in fact i called a couple of speed shops here in town and know one has even heard of ectune. lets get the word out :D
I have the same problem, found the problem?