can some one take a look at my cal. and log

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

civic4g
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by civic4g »

In my case increasing the mbar value of fuel cut, solved that on off loop.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

you mean open loop?
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

No, you were saying that fuel cut keeps going on and off, doesn't stay steady. This also happened to me because at some time (and by analyzing the datalog files) the intake manifold pressure exceeded the map value that was set in the fuel cut options, so I've increased that value and went way better (have gone from 200mbar to 280mbar).

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

my first colume is set to 127 mbar fuel cut mbar setting is at 178 on decel my mbar drops at its lowest 145 mbar and tps % is at 1
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Well that's a problem right there...TPS should be reading 0% on decel...try calibrating your TPS. Possible the throttle cable is a bit to tight...fuel cut won't work properly if the TPS sees positive input.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

no, that is what my fuel cut below tps setting is. not what its reading

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Got ya, looking at the .cal and log you have posted here the scalar in column 1 looks to be too high try lowering it.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

i already lowered it to 127 mbar, and i just raised my mbar for fuel cut to 265. so as soon as i gt this damn trany out of this 3.5 rl ill go drive my beast and see if that fixed it

ninezeroteg

Post by ninezeroteg »

Post a new .cal and log when you get a chance. Make sure it has a few good decel runs in it.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

ok guys, thanks so much for the help!!!! i set my fuel cut below mbar to 265 and column 1 to 172 and fuel cut works perfectly, it kicks on about 2 seconds after i let off the throttle and stays on through out decel, perfect!!!!! once again, thanks for the help

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Glad it worked out for you, have fun !

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Also, if you want your 0-3% throttle super smooth, start your first two columns a little rich and work them down from there. My air fuels on my car don't go lean when I let off the gas while keeping it in gear. Doesn't matter what rpm you let off and go 0% TPS, you get a 13.5-14.0 AFR while decelerating in gear. This is the way it should be to ensure a super smooth transition going on and off the throttle, lightly cruising around, going down hills, etc. My pump gas rough targets for the first three columns are 13.5-14.0 AFR range, 4-6 14.5, 7-10 13.5-12.75, 11-24 12.50-10.90. Sounds a little rich, but its a big injector high whp car running a cold plug and that's exactly what it likes. Small injector cars however can get away with a leaner mixture at light load. Also make sure you keep your fuel curves 3D smooth, no peaks, valleys, edges, or rough areas. Don't try get every cell to an exact airfuel say @ 14.5, get the whole column in a safe range, @ 14.2 - 14.8. This allows you to have super smooth maps, thus super smooth drive ability.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

sweet, thanks top mount!!!!! i will do that, once i get her tuned in better i will repost my cal and log and see what u think. thanks you

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

ok guys, i took all of yous guys advice to heart and did some major adjustments across the board. i smoothed everything out, and now my light-part throttle drivability is a lot better, and also my fuel cut is working great. here is my current cal. and a log file to go with it, there are a couple of spots where she leans out on me a little bit in the light and part throttle areas but it only did it a couple of times. also i am still running closed loop as well, i know its not the best while tuning but she feels like she is running a lot better than she was with my maps all jacked up and fugly. anyways please look over my current cal. and log and see what you guys think and i am all for constructive criticism. once again thanks for all the help!!!!!!! :D
Attachments
clean up map.cal
here is my newest cal.
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
smooth'd the map_08012010_1902.elf
and here is a log with my maps smoothed out and fuel cut working great
(7.35 MiB) Downloaded 151 times

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Tuning in closed loop is just bad man.. The ecu is trying its best to add correction in the fuel equation to reach stoich so having this on throws everything out of whack. ALWAYS tune in open loop. Get it close then enable closedloop as the FINAL step after you are pretty close without it. I tell you what, I use DSM injectors in my car and if you are interested I can share my map. Its on a stock B16 but it should put you right where you need as far as battery offset correction and offset value.