can some one take a look at my cal. and log

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jpjackson
http://phpbb3styles.net

can some one take a look at my cal. and log

Post by jpjackson »

my car is running great at wot and in boost but i am having some low throttle and cruising drivability problems, to start i still cant get fuel cut for decell to work properly, it works kinda, the fuel cut light goes on and off, it doesn't stay on constantly, and i get a little bit of popping and jerking, its not bad but im just wondering if i have things set up right for it. second is first thing in the morning cold start, once again its not bad but i could be better i think, at first it idles high like it should and after about 5 minuets it starts hunting for the idle, i just give it a little gas to hold it steady at about 2k to warm her up. third, when taking off in 1st, if i just give light throttle she will lean out, but it only does it in first gear. and next is a question? what does closed loop use for look up, does it use the stock routine from the ecu or does it use the fuel maps to determine where to be? thanks for the help guys!!! constructive criticism is welcome, i love this software and want to learn more about it and how to use it better!!!! also does anyone know how and what is required to get the tuner version? i work for a shop that does do performance work and i am the resident Honda guy, no one here in Jacksonville speed shop wise uses or have heard of ectune, they all use stand alone ecus like aem and motec, i would love to help make this software better known and put the word out, i have a lot of friends that want to get this software but the are all broke. sucks for them!!!! anyways, thanks for all the help.
Attachments
tune works2 closed loop 1.cal
here is my current cal. i am working with
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

OK SO KNOW I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH LEANING OUT, WHILE I AM CRUISING, IF I LET OFF OF THE THROTTLE 2-3% SHE LEANS RIGHT OUT ON ME, AS SOON AS I GIVE MORE THROTTLE THOUGH IT SMOOTHS BACK OUT. I THINK I AM GOING TO MAKE A NEW MAP BUT COULD SOME ONE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS CAL AND GIVE ME SOME IDEAS? THANKS IN ADVANCE
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Post a log as well...don't get so hot everything is gonna be alright :)

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

sorry caps was on, i wasn't getting hot :) when i posted the cal the forum was acting weird and wouldn't let me make another post with the log file, so let me get my laptop out, i will post in a few

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

OK here is a log file, let me know what u think. my set up is as follows: SOHC ZC eagle rods vitaras golden eagle block guard arp head studs all internals balanced mild port and polish on the head dsm 450cc injectors tubular equal length turbo manifold XS power t3 .42 cold a/r • .48 Hot • 2\" OUTLET • TURBINE WHEEL: EXDUCER: 1.81\", MAYOR : 2.48\" • COMPRESSOR WHEEL: EXDUCER: 1.67\", MAYOR : 2.36\" custom 3 inch down pipe drop to 2.75 before shifter and then to 2.5 before it makes turn before the gas tank. tial 38mm waste-gate w/ open dump tube(annoyingly loud) i need to plumb it in to the down pipe tial blow off valve custom 2.5 inch inter-cooler piping msd ign on stock coil and i am running a p28 ecu and i think that is about it, i might of forgotten something though
Attachments
cl 2 work_31122009_0732.elf
heres a log
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 152 times
Last edited by jpjackson on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

one other thing. is it normal for my maps to look like shit like they do. i am going by what the wide band and overlay data are telling me to adjust, most of the time i use the tuner auto adjust. but at the same time i have no by gear fuel corrections adjusted which i read a thread by top mount gsr talking about tuning by 3rd pulls only and then make 1st something like -4 and 2nd -2, 3rd 0, 4th +2, and 5th +4 on the fuel correction. is this correct? well i am sure it is, it just make since. i am going to try that. also i am using the p28 extended rpm maps with high cam and vtec disabled, should i try a p06 map? also about the fuel cut, what should my afrs be on fuel cut? under fuel cut settings it says disable fuel cut to properly tune your tip out columns, so what should i be tuning that column too? right now my target Afr for column 1 is 16.00 and fuel cut never stays fully engaged in decel and i still get that popping and jerking so. im still learning this software, and i love it, and i use it every day so im just trying to get some things cleared up to help me out, thanks for the help.

ninezeroteg

Post by ninezeroteg »

Definitely not supposed to be all crazy like that. Try looking at some of the .cals in the \"User Posted Calibrations\" section that might be somewhat close to your application. About the fuel by gear, not saying it's incorrect, but I haven't had a use for it. If the AFR's are tuned properly, you won't see a whole lot of difference in AFR's from gear to gear.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

That's kind of what I figured, I think I am. Going to start over with a new map. But anybody else please comment on this post if you have some imput, I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

ninezeroteg

Post by ninezeroteg »

If you are making changes to the fuel map based on data that was taken when you are on and off the throttle, you will never get the AFR's tuned correctly. The only way to get accurate data is by going the same rpm and same throttle long enough for everything to stabilize in those cells. When they have stabilized, reset the data (while keeping it stabilized) and then watch it for a few seconds. Don't move the accelerator. If you do, you are bringing tip-in into the equation which will de-stabilize those cells. My advice is to find a nice long, straight, country road somewhere that no one drives on, and do your tuning there. Drive with one foot on the accelerator, and the other on your brake. That way you can keep your car at the same RPM and control the load. Drive a while watching and changing only 4 cells at a time til you get them right, AFTER they have stabilized. Drive, stabilize, take an AFR reading, make changes, stabilize, take an AFR reading, make changes.. ect.. Start at low loads and low rpms and work your way up one load column at a time. You'll eventually get there.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

sweet!! thanks for the info dude. i will try that to day, i will post later and let you know how it did

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

one other thing. what about the fuel cut? what is the proper way to tune it? what should my afr's be for decel? should it be going completely lean? like 19.00, i read a post saying that you need to tune the tip out columns around 14.50, is that correct?

ninezeroteg

Post by ninezeroteg »

Fuel cut is just that.. fuel \"cut\". For it to go 100% lean is completely normal. I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it until you get the rest of the map pretty close, but 14.5 should be fine if you can get it.. I've noticed that I can lower my first column down to almost nothing at all, and it will still be in the mid 12's for a split second before fuel cut. Does it matter? I don't think so, because half a second later it goes into fuel cut.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

my fuel cut doesn't stay on steady, it cuts on and off. is that normal? or should it stay on steady?

ninezeroteg

Post by ninezeroteg »

You need to do this: Post #2.Setup Fuel Cut settings I found it like this in the search: fuel AND cut AND settings :)

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

ok, i got my car running better, still have some tuning to do but i still cant get the fuel cut to work properlly. i set everything up like is described in the link you told me to look at and i seems to be worse. it is still cutting on and off. what should i try now