switching from crome to eCtune question

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

pandorasbox
http://phpbb3styles.net

switching from crome to eCtune question

Post by pandorasbox »

Hello, I had my stock Z6 tuned on e85 with Crome Pro by my tuner. I have undergone an engine build with Vitaras and FJR custom rods and I want to switch to eCtune and tune myself. I've been studying Crome for a while and did some reading on eCtune's software and support and you guys run a much better ship here! Soooo, my question is I have a chipped P28 with a burned chip installed with my tune for the stock motor on e85 and I was wondering if there was anyway to transfer that .bin to eCtune? I don't have the .bin on my computer since I didn't tune it, could it be read by a burner and then loaded to eCtune for a good starting point?

relic1

Post by relic1 »

the tune can be read from the chip and used as a reference, but it's not transferable into eCtune. Keep in mind you also need an emulator to run eCtune. Ostrich or Demon work the best.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Thanks for the reply! I currently have an Ostrich 2.0 but I'm planning on running the demon/eCtune combo, seems like a really legit setup. I will have to locate a device to read my current chip. Would a moates burn device read the chip? I apologize for the newbish questions, this will be my first experience tuning. I don't have the eCtune software yet so I'm unfamiliar with what kind of tools I will have to work with and if the 2 programs are very similar.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

ectune is the best, crome sucks, i personally rune the ostrich 2.0 but the demon is the best, it does the dataloging also, if you use the ostrich you have to get the extream hulog to datalog, and also a wideband, i have been useing the innovate lc-1 for 2 months now and it has serial out so no offset issues, so make sure you get either the lc-1 or lm-2 from innovate motorsports. check out www.xenocron.com , the guys there know there stuff and they have awesome service, they sell everything you will need.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

IHaveTurbos
<font color=red>eCtune Authorized Dealer</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by IHaveTurbos »

pandorasbox wrote:Thanks for the reply! I currently have an Ostrich 2.0 but I'm planning on running the demon/eCtune combo, seems like a really legit setup. I will have to locate a device to read my current chip. Would a moates burn device read the chip? I apologize for the newbish questions, this will be my first experience tuning. I don't have the eCtune software yet so I'm unfamiliar with what kind of tools I will have to work with and if the 2 programs are very similar.
Yes the Moates Burner will read your current chip. And eCtune is similar to crome but way more stable and features that actually work like they are supposed to.
Tim - Owner of Turbo Elements www.turboelements.com Dynocom DC-1800sz-SE

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Hey thanks for the replies guys! Already I'm loving the support of this site! Alright so I'm 100% set on eCtune now! I spoke with my tuner and he strongly dislikes the LC-1, he says to run the AEM UEGO. Now what kind of offset issues might I run into with the AEM? If there is a good place for me to read more about this just toss up a link so I'm not being a total parasite. haha I think I'll be purchasing the demon/eCtune combo this week so that may answer a lot of my questions getting to toy around with it, like I did with Crome.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

AEM < Innovate AEM has a analog output, Innovate has a serial output I'd pick the NGK or PLX over a AEM any day.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

relic1

Post by relic1 »

TopMountGSR wrote:AEM < Innovate AEM has a analog output, Innovate has a serial output I'd pick the NGK or PLX over a AEM any day.
agreed. pandorasbox - if you'd like a taste, download the free version of eCtune from the main page to mess with the program itself. Then when you purchase you can simply plug in the license code, update and be on your way. :)
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Awesome! I'll do just that. I can't wait to order the demon combo! You guys have been a huge help! Thanks! I can't wait to get started with this program!

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

TopMountGSR wrote:AEM < Innovate AEM has a analog output, Innovate has a serial output I'd pick the NGK or PLX over a AEM any day.
AEM has serial also.

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

well I'm attempting to download the free version without success so far. It's getting stuck at the Installing.NET Framework 3.5 and a second window thats for the Component Configuration. It's been 20 minutes and neither are getting anywhere. :? So the AEM will work with eCtune the same way as the LC-1 via the serial output? Thanks for all the replies guys!

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

I got this after like 20 minutes or so: Component .NET Framework 3.5 has failed to install with the following error message: \"Fatal error during installation. \" The following components failed to install: - .NET Framework 3.5

IHaveTurbos
<font color=red>eCtune Authorized Dealer</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by IHaveTurbos »

Try downloading it from here and then restart the install of eCtune. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Tim - Owner of Turbo Elements www.turboelements.com Dynocom DC-1800sz-SE

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

aem uego sucks, i had one and i was running analog and had a -70 offset for the guage and ectune to read the same, at idle and cruising that is, at wide open it would read leaner than it was. i pmed calvin a while bake and he recommended innovate lc-1 or lm-2, mainly for the direct serial support. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/reso ... ootout.pdf check out this link, its kind of old but helpful, they test all wide bands on the market, and guess what, innovate comes out on top. i have had no problems with my lc-1, plus your can calibrate the sensor, ngk is the only other wide band you can calibrate that i know off
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

pandorasbox

Post by pandorasbox »

Alright, after some battling I managed to download .Net framework 2.0 SP1 and then update it to 3.5, time to toy around with this program! :D