demon drops datalog

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

blowngsr1
http://phpbb3styles.net

demon drops datalog

Post by blowngsr1 »

Well when i had the ostrich and hulog i never had issues with the datalog dropping or stopping. but when I put the demon in i cant datalog for more that a min or so. the to reconnect i have to unplug the usb cable then replug the connect emulator, then get rom, then connect datalog. any ideas? the baud rates are set at what the ostrich and hulog where. I 'm kinda lost on what to do next. The demon is sweet just need to get this fixed and all will be good. Wes

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

is the demon inserter properly in the socket? also are your grounds good?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Check com port settings

blowngsr1

Post by blowngsr1 »

its seated correctly port settings have not changed since i was running the hulog.

Pandor

Post by Pandor »

What (ftdi) driver version are you using? Might be related to: http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=2245&highlight= latest driver version is 2.06.00. http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

I'm having the same problem. It's especially noticeable on cars with MSD systems. The Ostrich 2 does not show same symtoms though. Looks like the Demon is more sensible to EMI.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

blowngsr1

Post by blowngsr1 »

any way to shield it from the EMI. in the past i have used aluminum foil to shield from it but i dont think thats a great idea in the ecu. Also the drivers are up to date that is one of the first things i did.

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

I realized my drivers were the buggy ones, the 2.04 one, so I upgraded to 2.06. I didint try with the 2.06 yet, will let you know.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Synoptic wrote:I realized my drivers were the buggy ones, the 2.04 one, so I upgraded to 2.06. I didint try with the 2.06 yet, will let you know.
any updates?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Sounds exactly like emi... How long is your USB cable, and... Is it well or crappily shielded?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

blowngsr1

Post by blowngsr1 »

the cable in the ecu is the one that comes with the demon and the cable is also the one that comes with it. ill try the new drivers and see what goes down. Wes

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

it could be sparkplugs/emi
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

blowngsr1

Post by blowngsr1 »

if it is emi then how are we going to get rid of it? better grounds? wes

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

resistor sparkplugs, plug wires with improved EMI shielding.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Maybe moates should consider a tin box around the deamon's components grounded to the board like a pc wifi card would have.... I know it's not helping the emi making in through the harness, but it may help... Idk :/
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock