Map Trace?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Vtec6000
http://phpbb3styles.net

Map Trace?

Post by Vtec6000 »

During tuning of the high cam fuel table last night I came across something strange, after 6500rpm the trace would fall into columns 8+9 rather than continue in columns 9+10 from the log I can see the mbar reading falls to under 940 in the higher rpm range. The basemap I used is NA P30. Do I need to adjust the mbar of columns 9+10 to prevent this happening??

utkuselamoglu

Re: Map Trace?

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Vtec6000 wrote:During tuning of the high cam fuel table last night I came across something strange, after 6500rpm the trace would fall into columns 8+9 rather than continue in columns 9+10 from the log I can see the mbar reading falls to under 940 in the higher rpm range. The basemap I used is NA P30. Do I need to adjust the mbar of columns 9+10 to prevent this happening??
What was the altitude while you were driving?
utku selamoglu

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

utkuselamoglu wrote:
Vtec6000 wrote:During tuning of the high cam fuel table last night I came across something strange, after 6500rpm the trace would fall into columns 8+9 rather than continue in columns 9+10 from the log I can see the mbar reading falls to under 940 in the higher rpm range. The basemap I used is NA P30. Do I need to adjust the mbar of columns 9+10 to prevent this happening??
Not sure, how would I check? Sorry i'm relatively new to tuning. Mbar Reading seemed to drop around 6500-7500 and slightly improved after that higher in the rev range.

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Vtec6000 wrote:
utkuselamoglu wrote:
Not sure, how would I check? Sorry i'm relatively new to tuning. Mbar Reading seemed to drop around 6500-7500 and slightly improved after that higher in the rev range.
you could try disabling barometric pressure sensor. I mean what was the alltitude from sea level in meters?
utku selamoglu

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

utkuselamoglu wrote:
Vtec6000 wrote:
utkuselamoglu wrote:
you could try disabling barometric pressure sensor. I mean what was the alltitude from sea level in meters?
I'll try disabling that although I think it is already. I'm been told we would only be like 20-30mtrs above sea level...

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

Than you can try recalibrating your map sensor try changing offset values.. it will helps.. normally above sea level it changes reads lower every meters. when passes the column mbar value you stay one and one more columns less.. its normall. but at sea level with a good working map sensor you should stay in the exact pressure column... if it not changes more than one column you could leave it like that if there not big changes between column values..
utku selamoglu