Hi/Lo boost switch stopped working

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

TheGuardian
http://phpbb3styles.net

Hi/Lo boost switch stopped working

Post by TheGuardian »

Recently my Hi/Lo boost switch stopped working, I checked the switch and its working fine. Also, I can't get a response from the boost controller, when I set it to a 40% fixed duty cycle it doesn't actuate. I checked the connections and they all check out. Everything was working fine a few weeks ago, which has me thinking maybe one of the ectune updates are bad? Has anyone else had any recent boost issues? I first noticed the problem when I saw 13lbs on low boost (should be limited to 9lbs in Lo, 13lbs in Hi) however it hasn't went into over boost and hit the boost cut yet which leaves me to believe the boost controller may be working...however I haven't been on a road where I can do a 3rd gear pull in a while. Also, last time I was in the vehicle I noticed something very odd, when I would flip my hi/lo boost switch to the high setting the RPMs would temporarily jump 200rpms at idle. Any idea why the switch would cause that? The switch is hooked up the the AC request pin B5
Team-Integra member (TheAlpha) Silver Integra LS-T 250whp/246wtq @13psi

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Noticed this yesterday as well. I finally got it working before the update. After the update I was on the highway in mexico :wink: racing a 335i and the high boost switch actually completley turned the EBC off completely so I was running off the wastegate... Then later I did a pull on \"low boost\" which is supposed to be 12 lbs, and the car felt like it pulled waay harder (high boost is 16) and a quick glance at the guage and it was def. in that range.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Ok I went out and did some testing. From what I've gathered, Hi/low settings are now backwards :? . The data logs show the high boost switch being on and shows the duty cycle that it should be on, but the boost controller is acting as if its on the low setting and vise versa. Here is the log and my Cal.
Attachments
realtune_ebcbacktonormalsettings.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
mon.elf
(372.26 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

The 200 rpm jump is the ac routine needing to be unchecked if your using the ac input.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Interesting, I'll have to do some testing tomorrow if the weather is still nice. At first I assumed it wasn't recognizing the switch at all because when I would actuate the switch I wouldn't see the Ebc Hi Switch box (in the data window) check and uncheck. Still, I wonder why it the EBC wouldn't actuate when I set it to a fixed duty cycle? Btw, ill see if disabling the AC under the hardware settings will fix the jump at idle issue.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

I just emailed Calvin, he says he will take a look at these posts tomorrow to see what could be happening, rest easy tonight!

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

sohcd16y8 wrote:I just emailed Calvin, he says he will take a look at these posts tomorrow to see what could be happening, rest easy tonight!
Great news! Today I went out and did a little testing. I disabled AC and that fixed the idle "hopping" issue when its switched, also the ECU is now recognizing the switch, oddly enough I didn't have to invert the input however. Why its working now I have no clue, maybe disabling AC had something to do with it. Also the ECU is able to actuate the EBC because I hear a click when I set it to NO and back to NC. However, still when I set the EBC to a fixed duty cycle the EBC doesn't actuate. I've yet to test it fully however because for now I have the EBC bypassed until the issue is resolved, so for now im running on waste gate pressure.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

that why the disable ac routine is there... the 200rpm:) look in datagrid you should see a checkbox hi switch under ebc see if the checks if you do the switch
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

calvin wrote:that why the disable ac routine is there... the 200rpm:) look in datagrid you should see a checkbox hi switch under ebc see if the checks if you do the switch
Yup, it checks, why it wasn't before I have no idea. I still have my EBC bypassed so im not sure if everything is running as it should yet. Probably will not get around to testing until next week sometime. I also found I had a slight boost leak in my signal line, which could explain why the EBC seemed to fail to limit boost at 9psi.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

My thing wasnt working at all yesterday. I think the transistor may be shorting again for the EBC but idk at this point.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Reinstalled the boost controller last Sunday and did some testing. From the log it looks like everything is functioning correctly, although I still have a slightly leaking BOV which is preventing me from running low boost at waste-gate pressure. In forth gear the highest boost pressure I saw was 13.68psi @ 20% duty.
Attachments
boost log.JPG
boost log.JPG (217.57 KiB) Viewed 8348 times

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Made a fresh cal and copyed over my maps. Everything works again. Thinking vista/7 may be screwing shit up every other update some how.