Few issues I need help with.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Topher03
http://phpbb3styles.net

Few issues I need help with.

Post by Topher03 »

First off when I start the car if I dont rev it for about 20-30 secs the car will die right away. After that it will run. Also having a problem with every time I push the clutch in to come to a stop the car will die.
Last edited by Topher03 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

92redhatch

Post by 92redhatch »

I had a similar issue so disabled closeloop. I'm sure there is another way to make clooseloop work but it's easier to disable it. I hope this helps

Topher03

Post by Topher03 »

That is with closedloop turned off.

relic1

Post by relic1 »

adjust the idle screw according to the Helm. that's what supports the idle when dropping due to the clutch pressed in and comming to a stop. It may also help your start idle. (all though that sounds like your post start map) Helm idle screw adjustment procedure: warm car (cooling fan has cycled on and off) turn off ignition disconnect IACV start car adjust screw so idle is at 450 +/-50rpm turn off ignition plug in IACV reset ECU start and let idle happily. Keep in mind screwed all the way shut the idle will be high and unstable. It's not backwards, the ECU simply overcompensates with the IACV.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

I have been having the same problem (amongst others) and what I realized is for some reason you have to keep the values in your cells under your target idle higher than your idle to keep it from dying. What I did was go into the Parameters > injector calibration and kept adding fuel to the injector offset until the car started and I was able to rev it, without it stalling on me. By this time your idle will be rich so you will have to go into your low cam fuel table and remove the fuel from the cells highlighted by datalogging at idle. It should stop the car from stalling when you clutch the car for a stop.

Topher03

Post by Topher03 »

relic1 wrote:adjust the idle screw according to the Helm. that's what supports the idle when dropping due to the clutch pressed in and comming to a stop. It may also help your start idle. (all though that sounds like your post start map) Helm idle screw adjustment procedure: warm car (cooling fan has cycled on and off) turn off ignition disconnect IACV start car adjust screw so idle is at 450 +/-50rpm turn off ignition plug in IACV reset ECU start and let idle happily. Keep in mind screwed all the way shut the idle will be high and unstable. It's not backwards, the ECU simply overcompensates with the IACV.
Tried this, no matter how tight or loose the screw gets the idle stays around 1000-1300.

relic1

Post by relic1 »

Topher03 wrote:Tried this, no matter how tight or loose the screw gets the idle stays around 1000-1300.
1000-1300 with the IACV unplugged? = vacuum leak. there's no other place for the engine to be getting that much air.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

Topher03

Post by Topher03 »

Also having issued with the car will idle rich when cold but the one its get warm it wasnts to idle super lean.

Topher03

Post by Topher03 »

relic1 wrote:
Topher03 wrote:Tried this, no matter how tight or loose the screw gets the idle stays around 1000-1300.
1000-1300 with the IACV unplugged? = vacuum leak. there's no other place for the engine to be getting that much air.
Found a vacuum leak where the shaft of the tb comes out where the spring goes. When the car cools down I'll check that out. I sprayed brake parts cleaner on it there and it made the car die.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Don't use brake parts cleaner... A little vaporizes and you breathe 4ppm's worth and you can have serious health issues. Carb cleaner only ;) there is always a slight vacuum leak there... It has no oring or gasket... But if it's excessive u need a tb.. Make sure the fitv ain't your leak either :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Topher03

Post by Topher03 »

JaredKaragen wrote:Don't use brake parts cleaner... A little vaporizes and you breathe 4ppm's worth and you can have serious health issues. Carb cleaner only ;) there is always a slight vacuum leak there... It has no oring or gasket... But if it's excessive u need a tb.. Make sure the fitv ain't your leak either :)
The what??? fitv

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Fast idle thermo valve. It's attached to the tb on the underside of it... On most hondas :) there should be 2 visible holes in the throttlebody in front of the butterfly plate, one is for the iacv, other is for fitv... You can try plugging it with your finger to test.

Topher03

Post by Topher03 »

If its the leak will the idle just go down?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Yep, also check for a properly working pcv system, and brake booster system.

Topher03

Post by Topher03 »

There is no pcv