A lot of problems

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Almighty-Si
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Almighty-Si »

I too have been using eCtune for quite a while now (bought it pre-release) and as I have said before always with great success. A few minor glitches here and there but never had any issue with how the car has run. To answer your question, before switching to the \"other\" software I tried 3 different brand new calibration files all with the same result. Look I'm not here to get into a pissing match with anyone and I may not be as smart as Calvin or some of you when it comes to this stuff but I'm no fucking idiot nor do I consistently like to be called one.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

It's been a while, been busy. Anyways, I ran the update the beginning of the month and got to use it during this week. According to the update only thing added was Boost control fix and some injector stuff right? Well now all of a sudden, my ECT/IAT corrections are working, I don't think they are working properly but they are working and my car is able to read boost now. Haven't noticed the voltage issue I have been having but I will look for it later. Best part about this is, I haven't changed a damn thing on the car since I made this thread back in April. Anyways, ECT/IAT is functioning like everyone says, slowly. When you input a number it takes a while for it to show up in the data window. The other thing I noticed is, in IAT corrections, lets say my car is idling and it's reading from the 68 degree column...in idle/light load I have 1 as the correction, medium load is 4 and high load is 5. When I look in the data window, with the car idling, it's logging a 4 correction. Now I've never noticed before but is it supposed to average out the whole column or is it supposed to read from the individual cell depending on load? I would assume the latter being there are 3 loads to read from. For me to get a correction of 1 at idle, I have to change medium and high load to 1 as well. Going to go play around with it some more now.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Well since I made this thread in April 2010 my car has run like a bag of shit. So much so, the car has basically sat untouched for 3 1/2 years. I did make one last effort to tune the car with eCtune but, no matter what I did, ran like a bag of shit. Though I knew it wasn't mechanical like everyone had said, I thought I would put the stock ECU back in the car and see how things went. Being it's an OBD2B car, if anything mechanical was off I know it would throw a check engine light immediately. Well, it didn't. Car idled, ran and drove flawless. Since then I have switched everything back to OBD1 and I have fixed my problems, I've made the switch to Neptune. Purchased it a couple weeks ago and I kick myself in the ass everyday that I didn't do this years ago. Not that anyone really gives a shit, especially Calvin he still has my money if I use eCtune or not, but I thought I would post this for the other members here having problems with their cars, it might be time to bite the bullet and switch to something that works.