A lot of problems

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Almighty-Si
http://phpbb3styles.net

A lot of problems

Post by Almighty-Si »

Well went out to attempt to tune my car again today. ECT corrections just don't work for me, the car won't read anything in the boost portion of the map, I'll floor it and it will shoot to the last NA column follow that column all the way down. I'll make 5psi at 4000rpm and it will just follow the last NA column all the way down to 8000rpm. My voltage is still fluctuating, I can't get a steady A/F ratio at idle, I will set it at 14.7 but then I will take it for a ride and stop and it will idle in the 13's...honestly I could go on for days but I'm getting tired of typing. I have NEVER had any issues (except for a few update problems which were fixed instantly) and my car has always ran/drove flawlessly up until this new ROM version that is and it's getting rather frustrating. I just don't know what to do, but I do know I need my car running well again.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

How is your map sensor hooked up? I seen a supercharged setup blow up once because he had the vacuum line on the wrong side of the blower and it was reading just as you describe. I've also seen them read funny like that and we replace or re wired the map sensor and it fix it. Wonder if your scaling is right? I'm guessing you have already tuned the battery offsets? Weird about the ect corrections not working for you, maybe something else is effecting your overall fuel value warming up, maybe the iat tables? I tweak the ect tables in every setup I tune, most with great success.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Yeah those IAT corrections arent working for me either, and its a problem. There was ~30 deg difference the other day after I had just dialed in my AFR's so I was leaning out and had to add fuel just for that day ugggh

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

DK : It's a factory map sensor in the stock location. When I had my 2.5 bar map sensor installed I never cut the wiring cause they were factory replacement sensors, they installed into the stock location using the stock plug. As for scaling, it's a stock map sensor, I just chose it in the drop down menu when making a new calibration file. I tuned the battery offsets and injector offset to get it to idle at 14.7 but soon as I go for a little ride and stop it will richen itself to 13's. Entering numbers in the IAT/ECT corrections does nothing for me. I even posted some screen shots of where my motor was running at 202 degrees and the value I had in the ECT corrections was 30 and then I switched it to 98 and it still stood at the 15.5 A/F it was idling at. Did the same with the IAT corrections and same result. I've entertained all notions it being mechanical issues but everything I check is working just fine. The voltage issues I have been having, I have tested, took the altenator off and had it and the battery tested at autozone to where it came back fine and yesterday had it tested (had the issue again)yet again by another mechanic who all say there is nothing wrong with my charging system, yet the car will run around at 14 volts and then just randomly jump down to 12 volts. These problems coupled with the boost control problems other people are having (scared to install mine just another thing to worry about) and the calibration being modified by doing nothing to it at all but just opening it, it's hard to believe that all these failures I am experiencing, could all be mechanical issues. It seems all too coincidental to me.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

SCARY.... corrections not working = I see some melted pistons We are forced to update ectune, in this case to a faulty version, it's a high risk to the engine. We shouldn't be forced to use these \"beta\" versions, we are not beta testers and you should classify the software as beta (if that's case) and let people choose to take the risk of test it or not. I'm not seeing a happy future to eCtune... :( just my 0.02

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

At least lean protection is working otherwise Id be SOL... Sent calvin an email.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Scary stuff, keep us updated, after reading this I'm a little hesitant on plugging into my car. :( Last time I hooked her up was the 2nd...so in all honesty Im not sure how safe I really am.
Team-Integra member (TheAlpha) Silver Integra LS-T 250whp/246wtq @13psi

DEIVIONCRX

Post by DEIVIONCRX »

They seem to be working for me, i can adjust them and the AFR will move as i change it, but ive been fighting to get mine nailed down on warmup the last couple days.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Sc or turbo? Did it ever read the boost portion?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Just checked logs and the corrections are actually working. hmmm

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I tested corrections on friday and they worked just fine for me on both roms 63 and 65. There must be some other issue causing your problems.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

rom PRI and after is all the same rom. each update since PRI release in dec is just an expire update. I think that things work bad or don't work is searching for problems and creating problems in your head. Today Burgermass and I will work on it and test it
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

corrections working for me Ostrich/Pro Version

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Ah yes must be all in my head I have nothing better to do than sit here and complain about a software that is perfectly fine. Funny thing is though, I downloaded the other (won't mention no names) software and tuned with it this morning. I have been running around with this chip for a couple hours now and I'm not having any of the issues I was having a few days back....it's so weird !

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

There must have gone something wrong with the updating proses of the rom in your ecu. If you had tried the same (new rom, start over again) with eCtune instead of using some other software, your problems would also have been gone. I use eCtune very long (almost as long as Calvin himself) and I never had any of these problems.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands