FINAL BUGS CALL!!!

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bugermass »

Civic VTI-Turbo wrote:
Gaskleppie wrote:Calvin knows my wishes but here they are. Closed loop correction is too slow and too harsh. We have quite some problems to get cars through the smog test here in Holland. Set your revs at 3000rpm with closed loop on and you know what I mean. Even with tweaking all possibilities to get this better, you can hear the correction working and in some cases even the revs go up and down. When you look at a HC&O2 tester during smog test its way too extreme. The idle valve reacts too slow also. Maybe its the same problem. The biggest problem with it is at the very low temperature cold start. When you start the engine, it runs very low in revs and almost dies, and only after like 10 seconds it starts to rev up like it should do.
Nothing to add here! This is really a must have for my customers.
On the list/being worked on..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Gaskleppie wrote: The idle valve reacts too slow also. Maybe its the same problem. The biggest problem with it is at the very low temperature cold start. When you start the engine, it runs very low in revs and almost dies, and only after like 10 seconds it starts to rev up like it should do.
I have this same issue when its cold, just after startup it sputters a bit at 800rpms or so then it slowly climbs to high idle at 1500. Takes about 45s in my case though
Team-Integra member (TheAlpha) Silver Integra LS-T 250whp/246wtq @13psi

DEIVIONCRX

Post by DEIVIONCRX »

Almighty-Si wrote:Yesterday connecting datalogging from cold start while warming up the car came to about 125 degrees and the car stalled and made the main relay click. Doesn't do that while not connected to datalogging/demon. I will run it again today to make sure.
I have the same problem. I didnt notice every the temp every time its done it but last time it was around 125* F, only with the laptop hooked up and the car warming up does it cut out. It doesnt do it when driving, just idling.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

DEIVIONCRX wrote:I have the same problem. I didnt notice every the temp every time its done it but last time it was around 125* F, only with the laptop hooked up and the car warming up does it cut out. It doesnt do it when driving, just idling.
Don't know if it has anything to do with temp or not, it's just something I noticed. It will only do it that one time and without disconnecting anything restarting the car it will start up and run fine up to operating temp and not do it again. Also not sure if it's a bug or not (asked a while ago but didn't get an answer) but opening injector calibration from the tools drop down, and hitting the + and - used to add/subtract injector offset and now adds/subtracts overall fuel trim. Not sure but I think someone posted it but, just by opening the ROM it says modified without touching it.

David974

Post by David974 »

Almighty-Si wrote: Also not sure if it's a bug or not (asked a while ago but didn't get an answer) but opening injector calibration from the tools drop down, and hitting the + and - used to add/subtract injector offset and now adds/subtracts overall fuel trim.
same here

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

I could not get idle ignition correction to work (the program would not let me input a new value) x101010101 For getting closed loop to work correctly!!! The lookup for wideband voltage is misleading: example, use AEM as wideband on D14. put in 14.7AFR and use the lookup table button. It will give you the table voltage but it will change the AFR in the box to 14.31 when it should stay at 14.7 The wideband voltage conversion table for the AEM is not exactly correct. The equation that should be used here is y=2x+10 which puts .50volts at 11.00 rather than 11.02. Is there any way that we could see the STFT and LTFT as a data display? This would be great to use! Also, can you use any input to use closed loop with other than d14? Please get the anti start stuff up so I can feel a bit safer. Thanks

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

The AFR conversion does need to be tweaked. Depending on how you have your table setup, I always have to put in a higher value to get the value I want when it interpolates for those input boxes. Also, secondary lean protection, when activated, just kills power after like 3k regardless of settings last time I tried it. I can go and get a log if need be.

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

When is the bug fixed eCtune expected?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Wish it were sooner but more than likely when we have to run the update at the end of the month.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

i have my units set to inhg for vacuum columns, and i have my boost columns set to PSI, now when i play back a log file and use the graphs, ebc current, and ebc target are still shown in M bar while boost reads PSI and MAP read vacuum/PSI. yet when i play back the file and watch my data bar, target boost is still shown in PSI, why is this? can i change it somewhere? it just throws me off a bit, it would be easier if it read in psi, at least for me. can this option be added to change the units of measurement in the graphs?
Attachments
ebc hmmm.JPG
ebc hmmm.JPG (71.36 KiB) Viewed 13767 times
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Logger version doesn't get the rom as posted here: http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=2235

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

fuel cut does not work properly. After reaching the cut rpm, the fuel cut light flashes instead of remaining solid. I had to turn off fuel cut and tune it.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

also can you please take a look at the ignition timing look up with stock ignition corrections turned off in boost (check box in sensors/hardware)? I am having a hard time believing this turbo LS motor making 330whp on 19psi is wanting 33* of timing at 7000rpm and 27* at MBT (5500)....yet it shows no detonation on the porcelain and the ground strap looks perfect.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

98vtec wrote:fuel cut does not work properly. After reaching the cut rpm, the fuel cut light flashes instead of remaining solid. I had to turn off fuel cut and tune it.
fuel cut works great for me. what is ur mbar activation set at? it is probably too low. the fuel cut bugs were fix a couple of months ago, and i havent had a problem since. i cant speak for anyone else though.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

jpjackson wrote:
98vtec wrote:fuel cut does not work properly. After reaching the cut rpm, the fuel cut light flashes instead of remaining solid. I had to turn off fuel cut and tune it.
fuel cut works great for me. what is ur mbar activation set at? it is probably too low. the fuel cut bugs were fix a couple of months ago, and i havent had a problem since. i cant speak for anyone else though.
I second that. FuelCut works perfectly and I was there when it was fixed. Check your mbar threshold, the default value is not right.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada