FINAL BUGS CALL!!!

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

yc underground
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by yc underground »

fuel cut works fine
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

check your logs for spike in mbar when in fuel cut, somtimes it happens so fast you don't see it, your mbar setting is probably just to low and its kicking it in a out of fuel cut. The routine itself works flawlessly now.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

i take it no one else is getting weird timing values with stock ignition corrections turned off?
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

lol, not that i've seen. Mabey due to glitches in IAT or ECT sensor readinds..

2bfi

Post by 2bfi »

I get CEL code #1 \"O2 sensor voltage too high or too low\". It has occurred 4 - 5 time in the last year. Last occurrence was a month ago. It happens after letting off the throttle at 7,000-7,500 rpm. I'm using a PLX M Series Wideband. eCtune has closeloop disabled in both Settings and Parameters/Closeloop. It doesn't happen all the time, and I can't replicate the conditions that trigger it. I started a thread about it here http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=1805 The log file used to be in the thread, but it's gone now. I emailed it to Calvin Oct 15, 2009. Unfortunately it is 4MB in size. Please let me know if you need the log file.
Last edited by 2bfi on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i started tuning a car last night i noted a few things i will start changing. i tested the ect correction and it's working if my car is at 90 celcuis and i put in 8% it changes in the datagrid and the car is richer. i think burgermass found the same
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

calvin

Post by calvin »

DEIVIONCRX wrote:
Almighty-Si wrote:Yesterday connecting datalogging from cold start while warming up the car came to about 125 degrees and the car stalled and made the main relay click. Doesn't do that while not connected to datalogging/demon. I will run it again today to make sure.
I have the same problem. I didnt notice every the temp every time its done it but last time it was around 125* F, only with the laptop hooked up and the car warming up does it cut out. It doesnt do it when driving, just idling.
I'll see if i can replicate
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Bugermass wrote:lol, not that i've seen. Mabey due to glitches in IAT or ECT sensor readinds..
my ECT and IAT corrections are zero'd at op temps. Dont see how a "glitch" would make me have to put the table to 30*+ for the motor to make power. As a reference, i turned stock igntion advance back on while in boost and took out 10* of timing in boost from the previous setting (33) and it lost 40whp. i'm not referring to the usual ignition corrections. I'm talking about the ghost honda ignition advanced that we can limit based on load or completely turn it off from the sensor/hardware settings parameters. Base timing was set at 16* as well.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

Any chance of getting the \"Anti-Start Device\" up and running?

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

see this is what gets me. I did a turbo h22 on neptune today and all it took to make max power, conservatively was 18.5* with stock ignition advance on and it made 278whp on 8psi. Which is an ignition value that is relative and works in my head for a boosted car unlike with the LS turbo car i did wth ectune, i was creeping towards 25-26* even with the stock ignition advancements left on and 33+* with the advance off in boost. I understand you and james use different ways to look up ignition timing but damn....how are the two programs THAT much different. I wish I had the time to tune both programs on one car at the dyno to explain what i am wanting to explain.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

they arn't.. somthing else is going on cause I never run the kind of timing values you did on that LS. Look at any of the maps I've posted, the timing values are probably more on par with what your used to. Theres gotta be somthing else doing on with your setup.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Mechanic/physical timing can be a culprit... There are different version of crank pulleys, with different marks.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

^^ yes that is true, I have come across that before.. Totally didn't think of that.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Bugermass wrote:^^ yes that is true, I have come across that before.. Totally didn't think of that.
Way before when I had my JRSC setup on my frankenstein D15B8, it was needing +10-15 degrees across the entire map to make any power... I used a steep hill to tune ignition at that point ;) Very easy to feel detonation!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Chris, What about \"selection increase/decrease\". You can not use anything lower than 0.75% for the fuel tables or it locks you out of cells making them non adjustable with the + or -. Makes it a pain to smooth stuff and dial in the needed fuel curve in the higher boost regions of the fuel maps. Thanks for your time, DK
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image