FINAL BUGS CALL!!!

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

FINAL BUGS CALL!!!

Post by Bugermass »

Please Post any bugs that you find in here asap. I'm working with calvin to get changes and updates tested so we can have a final stable and complete rom.. HURRY!! Post bug description and detail on how to reproduce it. So far on my list.. Change ECT corrections update timer. Reverse operation for boost control nomally open and closed. Right now the actual function is reversed from what the description says. Datalog doesn't reconnect automatically when key off then back on, same with both demon and ostrich/hulog Demon updates get backed up and fail connection. Also logging get slow over time, almost like theres a memory leak somwhere when connecting dissconnecting key on/off and updating alot. OnBoard Logging with demon needs to be done. Boost by speed (rear wheel speed input) 3D Boost by gear by RPM tables
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Looks good to me, but FWIW my datalog reconnects just fine when going back and forth from key on to off.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

ok.. a couple people have mentioned having an issue with it and I have an issue with it so were going to look into it.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

sohcd16y8 wrote:Looks good to me, but FWIW my datalog reconnects just fine when going back and forth from key on to off.
Same here, I haven't had any problems with connecting as of late. So I should make sure that when I update my car I should swap my solenoid configuration correct?
Team-Integra member (TheAlpha) Silver Integra LS-T 250whp/246wtq @13psi

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Synoptic »

For some reason, saving the calibration AFTER disconnecting the emulator seems to corrupt the calibration and when re-uploaded nothign works. (verify rom fails before re-uploading). Date of file .cal changes on OPEN instead of on save. So it's hard to check for prio version when the date of the file changes without saving it. Disable leak fuelcut always gets back to \"checked\" when reopening a .cal or .bin state, even if saved.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

The Boost Solenoid setup NC/NO is working correctly for me, so you may want to verify that one. It seems some users the settings where changing whenever they connected the emulator.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Ok, makign note of all these and I'll check them myself to see if I can reproduce them. Keep em coming.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I believe its been long enough for me to request anti-start ;) But here's hoping! I am finally about to get my new Del-Sol project running... can't wait to use my eCtune again!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Calvin knows my wishes but here they are. Closed loop correction is too slow and too harsh. We have quite some problems to get cars through the smog test here in Holland. Set your revs at 3000rpm with closed loop on and you know what I mean. Even with tweaking all possibilities to get this better, you can hear the correction working and in some cases even the revs go up and down. When you look at a HC&O2 tester during smog test its way too extreme. The idle valve reacts too slow also. Maybe its the same problem. The biggest problem with it is at the very low temperature cold start. When you start the engine, it runs very low in revs and almost dies, and only after like 10 seconds it starts to rev up like it should do.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Chris, thank you, you always do a great job around here. I think we need hi/lo boost cuts, almost every car I tune around here using the switchable maps, and having a 30psi boost cut on your pump gas map sucks. Closed loop fuel control def needs some work. So much that I just opt to leave it alone but I use it in every other ems. Speed based boost is a must, it would create massive leverage business wise for ectune, we all know why its so important for controlling boost at the track. I'd really like to see hi load fuel trims via a pot meter but I understand we are limited on space. Ectune locally here is absolutely dominating the stock honda ecu market btw ;) Thanks for your time, DK
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Yesterday connecting datalogging from cold start while warming up the car came to about 125 degrees and the car stalled and made the main relay click. Doesn't do that while not connected to datalogging/demon. I will run it again today to make sure.

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

Almighty-Si wrote:Yesterday connecting datalogging from cold start while warming up the car came to about 125 degrees and the car stalled and made the main relay click. Doesn't do that while not connected to datalogging/demon. I will run it again today to make sure.
This happens to me also...

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

Maddog20 wrote:
Almighty-Si wrote:Yesterday connecting datalogging from cold start while warming up the car came to about 125 degrees and the car stalled and made the main relay click. Doesn't do that while not connected to datalogging/demon. I will run it again today to make sure.
And to me, reported here:http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=2368

Civic VTI-Turbo

Post by Civic VTI-Turbo »

Gaskleppie wrote:Calvin knows my wishes but here they are. Closed loop correction is too slow and too harsh. We have quite some problems to get cars through the smog test here in Holland. Set your revs at 3000rpm with closed loop on and you know what I mean. Even with tweaking all possibilities to get this better, you can hear the correction working and in some cases even the revs go up and down. When you look at a HC&O2 tester during smog test its way too extreme. The idle valve reacts too slow also. Maybe its the same problem. The biggest problem with it is at the very low temperature cold start. When you start the engine, it runs very low in revs and almost dies, and only after like 10 seconds it starts to rev up like it should do.
Nothing to add here! This is really a must have for my customers.
van Drie Tuning eCtune authorized tuner the Netherlands

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

civic4g wrote:
Maddog20 wrote:
And to me, reported here:http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t=2368
I have noticed this too, but never bothered with it since it only happens when using EMU and all my customers get chips. I'll add to the list.