Display lag

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

sgtmillhouse648
http://phpbb3styles.net

Display lag

Post by sgtmillhouse648 »

Hi - I purchased eCtune ~10 months or so ago and it's been great except for one little issue that really irks the hell out of me! Has anyone else noticed that the display/tables are well laggy while navigating throughout the program and while tuning? The program is being run on my personal laptop which is an HP 8510W, Centrino 2.6ghz dual core processor, 3GB ram, NVIDIA Quadro FX570M videocard with a 512MB cache, so the laptop is not the problem. Granted I am running in 1920x1200 resolution, but the problem exists with different resolutions as well. Has anyone found a fix for this? Is it just a way that eCtune handles graphics or is there something to modify to cure this? A video showing a bit of it can be found here, but when I am actually tuning, it lags a crapton more. I'll try to go out and get a screen capture of that later tonight if it will help. Note that in the video around the 0:15 mark, it actually shows a duplicate grid/table overtop of the other offset a slight amount. Any help is appreciated! Regards M

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Try increasing ectune's process thread priority level to a higher setting...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

fr33w0rld

Post by fr33w0rld »

i haven honestly not run into this...i have had browsers open running on battery on my vaio...i have a dual core 2 ghz with 4 gb ram...and just a pentium...is this happening on battery? the centrino could possibly be slowing the speed down in battery conservation mode...i know those will throttle down more then the pentiums...

sgtmillhouse648

It's happening all the time, whether I'm on battery power or am plugged in. That is the interesting thing is that it isn't any other program but eCtune which does this. I have tried setting its thread priority to above normal/high and this does nothing either. It may be worth noting that when I'm actually navigating around eCtune it is around 30MB of RAM occasionally increasing to around 50MB or so, and when i try to navigate, even if it is at idle sitting there, it will jump up to anywhere inbetween 30% and 50% CPU usage.

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

It's been the same with mine since I use it and I thought that it's normal.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Hey hows it going, I'm t04egsr on team integra, you did the ectune write up on there right? I'm wondering if you problem lies in your newer operating system. I have a slower tuning computer, core 2 duo 2ghz w 2gig ram running windows xp pro and it does not have these issues. I've seen it lag a little when selecting and de selecting a bunch of points at once but never the re mapping of the image when you open a close other windows in front like on your facebook video.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

sgtmillhouse648

Yup, that was me :) It's really just XP Pro with a vista theme, so the OS isn't to blame. i've tried going back to the default display settings minus the theme and it still has the same problems. It's just rather annoying because it will even plain stop updating the display whilst datalogging etc.

blowngsr1

Post by blowngsr1 »

Sargteam-integra.nete, you still in IN? If you are get @ me, Blownintegragsr on team-integra. Wes

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

it's not normal i don't have it on a netbook
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

sgtmillhouse648

Thanks for your response Calvin. If you can think of any information which would help or anything I can try, let me know. It was a royal PITA datalogging today with it.