Weird EBC issue

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

patrick_yi_82
http://phpbb3styles.net

Weird EBC issue

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

Hi, Here is how the EBC is setup. If I disable the EBC (0% DC), my car always gets full/over boost, so I assume its normally opened. I selected normally opened and set EBC activation 9 psi. I tried both 0% and 100% for fast spool DC. However, my boost never goes past 5 psi. If I disable EBC, then I see full/over boost again. The EBC kind of works if I choose normally closed, but once the EBC hits target boost, it fully opens the waste gate and boost drops right below the EBC activation point then spools back up to target boost (and its repeated).

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

Any insights?

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

how are ur vacuum lines hooked up? what kind of solenoid is it? if it is the mac solenoid from xenocron or ectune it is a normally closed solenoid. internal or external waste gate. did you just set it up or have u had it and you are now having problems? did you solder the components in ur self? what ecu are u useing? also post a screen shot of ur ebc pages so we can see how everything is set up. post this info and we wil go from there.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

how are ur vacuum lines hooked up? I'll take a look at it. it is the mac solenoid from ebay that looks like an ectune solenoid (31 frequency) internal or external waste gate. I believe external did you just set it up or have u had it and you are now having problems? I had it over 2 years w/o problem. Until I tried retuning my car last month. did you solder the components in ur self? what ecu are u useing? Yes I soldered it myself, P28 also post a screen shot of ur ebc pages so we can see how everything is set up. I'll bring it today. Thank you!

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

My setup is different than the manual, and it was setup this way on purpose.
Attachments
IMG_8034.jpg
IMG_8034.jpg (203.21 KiB) Viewed 11075 times

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

My setup 0% DC = Full Boost 100% DC = No Boost (waste gate fully open) So, I select normally opened and set EBC activation 9 psi. I tried both 0% and 100% for fast spool DC. However, my boost never goes past 5 psi. Is it me who's doing it wrong?

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

why would you want it setup that way??
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

I want the waste gate to be closed most of the time. The waste gate will only open during WOT or high load when the boost meets target boost. So if the EBC is normally closed, it has to work 100% to keep the wastegate closed. Where if I have it normally opened, the EBC doesn't have to work in order to keep the wastegate closed. (0% DC) Our good eCtune has boost cut anyway, so I figured normally open will be safe even when the EBC fails.

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

my whole EBC system is going crazy.. 70% DC used to be 11 psi, but now 30% DC is 11 psi aaa what did I do

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Just put it the way everyone else does.. start there, once you figure that out, do whatever.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

It was working fine for a long time, until I tried to re-tune my car last month.... I'm trying to figure out if I touched some option button somewhere.

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

After some more trial and error, it seems like a bug to me. Normally Open mode does not work anymore.
I select normally opened and set EBC activation 9 psi. I tried both 0% and 100% for fast spool DC. However, my boost never goes past 5 psi.
I had to change the whole EBC setting using normally closed mode, and reverse the whole duty lookup map. (ex: 70% -> 30%, 80% -> 20%, etc..) Now the bigger problem is, I cannot use closed loop control anymore, because negative correction P is not allowed, nor I can not reverse the adjustment map (negative adjustment for negative error and positive adjustment for positive error) Please take a look into this.

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

TopMountGSR wrote:Just put it the way everyone else does.. start there, once you figure that out, do whatever.
listen to top mount!!!!! he knows his shit. set the ebc up how everyone else is using it and start from there. if you set it up a long time ago and then re tuned, it is possible something was changed in the software to make the ebc work correctly. like recientlly the NO/NC option was fixed, it was backwards for the longest time, and that solenoid you are using is a NC one, and the same one i am using. i have had no problems from it and mine is hooked up to correct way. so the first thing you need to do is hook the ebc up the correct way, start from scratch and re tune the ebc figuring out what dc% makes what boost and then get back with us. and also i have never been able to get closed loop to work so i just use the rpm compensation tables and it works great.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t ... c&start=15 check this out to see how vacuum lines should be hooked up

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

The software gave me the option for normally opened vacuum setup, so I used it. :(