Weird EBC issue

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jpjackson
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by jpjackson »

yes but it was backwardss, so it was actually nomally closed. in the last update it was corrected so now NO is NO and NC is NC. so if i understand right you started having these problems since the last update, which makes since since that solenoid is a NC one. so once again, hook up the vac lines correctlly and start from scratch.
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

jpjackson wrote:yes but it was backwardss, so it was actually nomally closed. in the last update it was corrected so now NO is NO and NC is NC. so if i understand right you started having these problems since the last update, which makes since since that solenoid is a NC one. so once again, hook up the vac lines correctlly and start from scratch.
correct! it was update in the last release
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

Can't this EBC be used for both NO mode or NC mode. Depending on how the vacuum is connected. To my knowledge, air flows from port 1 to port 3 when there is no signal, and once the EBC sees the signal, air flows from port 2 to port 3. Hooking up port 1 to port 3 will make it a normally close setting (WG fully open when 0% DC, WG fully closed when 100% DC), and hooking up port 2 to 3 will make it a normally open setting (WG fully open when 100% DC, WG fully closed when 0% DC).

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I think the reason they are hooked up in a specific way to keep the higher or constant source at a certain side of the valve.... Idk if it's necessary, but in theory, it could be that... Just a guess, but I don't see why not, you just have to be sure that when the solenoid is working it bleeds off the correct side of the line or else it may have the potential to lock pressure on the wastegate side when activating... Hopefully that made sense to you :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

Can someone please take a look why NO mode is not working? Or an explanation why I had to reverse all my target boost with NC mode?(70% to 30%) Trust me, everything was working fine for months. NO mode does not spool at all, with both fast spool 0% DC nor 100% DC. EBC activation is set to 9 PSI

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

Tell me if I am theoretically wrong, rather than pointing me to do a work around. FACT : My boost controller is always closed and it does not send any pressure to the waste gate (always full/over boost) at 0% DC. It is a fact and I have tested it by disconnecting the wire, and also tried it by disabling EBC in the software. Choose NO mode in software, because in the description is says 0% DC = max boost, 100% DC = min boost. Set EBC activation point to 9 psi so the control starts when the pressure hits 9 psi. Set Fast Spool DC to 0%, because 0% DC = max boost Result : no boost. wastegate 100% open all the time even before EBC activation point (pressure doesn't even reach activation point)

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

dude. seriouslly!!!! why are you still asking these questions?????? im not trying to be a dick, but just hook the damn solenoid up the way the every one is telling you too (the correct way)and re configure the ebc settings starting from scratch. it is a normally closed solenoid so use it the right way, if a normally open solenoid worked better with the software dont you think calvin would be selling one???? instead of a normally closed one????? all this time you were having no problems running NO it was actually NC, they were backwards in the software, they were corrected in the last update so now you are having problems because it is NO now. port #1 is boost in. port #2 is the vent. port #3 is to the top port on the waste gate. put a tee like 3-4 inch's before the #1 port of the solenoid and go off of that tee and connect that to the bottom port of the waste gate. that is how i am running mine and i have no problems. here are some screen shots of my ebc settings for reference. its not perfect but its damn close. try this and get back up with me. if you need help feel free to give me a call. 904-424-7559
Attachments
ebc settings.JPG
ebc settings.JPG (100.68 KiB) Viewed 8169 times
ebc solenoid settings.JPG
ebc solenoid settings.JPG (62.63 KiB) Viewed 8169 times
ebc duty settings.JPG
ebc duty settings.JPG (92 KiB) Viewed 8169 times
Universal Technical Institute Hot rod University graduate ASE Master Certified Automotive Tech Honda and Acura factory certified 9 years and counting in the automotive field

jpjackson

Post by jpjackson »

patrick_yi_82 wrote:Tell me if I am theoretically wrong, rather than pointing me to do a work around. FACT : My boost controller is always closed and it does not send any pressure to the waste gate (always full/over boost) at 0% DC. It is a fact and I have tested it by disconnecting the wire, and also tried it by disabling EBC in the software. Choose NO mode in software, because in the description is says 0% DC = max boost, 100% DC = min boost. Set EBC activation point to 9 psi so the control starts when the pressure hits 9 psi. Set Fast Spool DC to 0%, because 0% DC = max boost Result : no boost. wastegate 100% open all the time even before EBC activation point (pressure doesn't even reach activation point)
:) :) :) :lol: :) theoretically, if you hook the solenoid up the correct way you wouldnt be having to over work the solenoid at 100% to get the boost you are wanting. theoretically, if the solenoid is hooked up the correct way, you can turn the solenoid off and you will be working off of the waste gate spring, then you add 10% duty and get more boost, add 20% duty and get even more boost, and 50% duty and you alot more boost. see where this is going. this is how the mac solenoid is designed to work, it is a normally closed solenoid once again, sorry if i am coming off as a dick but i have posted you this same solution how many times now????????? im just coming at you with this because i have been there, i had problems setting mine up too, but i listened to what the peeps on here had to say and my problem was fixed. so take this to heart, suck it up and reconfigure your setup. :)

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

Thanx for all the patients and coming back at me :) I know how to hook it up the other way, been there and done that. I just thought it was waste of EBC, having it working 100% during idle and cruising, which is most of the time. (trying to increase the life time of my EBC, because I am cheap) That's why I started using NO mode up until last month. Oh well, after all the write up and support, I won't argue anymore.. Thanks!

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

I reverted back to the NO setting. But still have one problem. In the manual, it says set the EBC activation point right below the target boost pressure, ex : if the target is 11psi, use something like 9 or 10 psi. And set the fast spool DC to 100% or a target DC you want to use for spooling speed. If I do this, I never see boost in NO mode as well. (using the exact same setting that is posted above, except for EBC activation point set to 9 psi)

patrick_yi_82

Post by patrick_yi_82 »

patrick_yi_82 wrote:I reverted back to the NO setting. But still have one problem. In the manual, it says set the EBC activation point right below the target boost pressure, ex : if the target is 11psi, use something like 9 or 10 psi. And set the fast spool DC to 100% or a target DC you want to use for spooling speed. If I do this, I never see boost in NO mode as well. (using the exact same setting that is posted above, except for EBC activation point set to 9 psi)
EBC Activation point 1 psi works EBC Activation point 9 psi doesn't work Isn't it suppose to be target boost or close to it? Fast spool DC doesn't effect(work) anything no matter what value I put in.

bigdaddyvtec

Post by bigdaddyvtec »

There is definately something screwy going on with the ebc shit.... Im having issues now too.
750WHP 575 TQ Leed/eCtuned H22 CD5 Trick SLUT GFI: HOLLA!!! We build FAST