Tune Changing

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

DEIVIONCRX
http://phpbb3styles.net

Tune Changing

Post by DEIVIONCRX »

I know Temperature and Humidity and the like will effect the tune somewhat, but i was under the impression that the ECU would accommodate for that, based on the ECT and IAT and BARO sensors plus others. It seems like every time i start and run my car the tune is changing. One day it will idle 14.7, the next 13.0, the next 15.3. Is there some compensation I'm missing that can account for this. I'm still running Open Loop, does closed with the narrow band input really account for this much? I'm still breaking in the engine so I'm only tuning to 4500rpms for now. But id like to get a good Idle - 4500 so i can get out on the road and finish up the 1000 mile break in without worry.

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

I have the same problem with IAT correction causing big swings in my AFR's I didn't alter the table values but is something I am going to adjust in the future. Basically I tuned idle with car fully warmed up and my IAT at it's highest Reading which worked out that even when IAT were lower I was getting a richer idle rather than going lean.

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Also make sure that you tune out your injector battery offsets as this can cause a similar issue.

David974

Post by David974 »

+1 also check you battery compensation table, start each morning with laptop hooked on, wacth the table in parameter , you should see if each day it's different and you will adjust

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

These ECUs are 10 years old.. They don't have the advanced abilities to hold super duper consistant fueling all the time. Thats why they invented closed loop. If your tune sways alot, first be sure all the correct compensations have been tuned, then turn closed loop back on.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

antoni

Post by antoni »

DSMR wrote:Also make sure that you tune out your injector battery offsets as this can cause a similar issue.
Where can you find the injector battery offsets?

joppez

Post by joppez »

92 ecu is soon 20 years old :D

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Changing AF's are often caused by changing outside air pressure. If you tune the last 2 columns at the same values it will be a lot more constant. Try it. I also thought it was because changing air temps but it turned out that the air pressure changed it a lot more.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

I usually find that ever changing AFR´s are caused by old crappy ground wires or other electrical issues. And yes, in case of bigger injectors, battery comp tables play a big part... /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark