Having a problem keeping the car running on first start..

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

9400RPMS
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by 9400RPMS »

JaredKaragen wrote:Col1 values, and fcut resume will help fix this :). Moving idle as well; normally I found col1 and col2 adjustments solves the dying when revving down to idle.
Thx a bunch!!! Its fixed..now to just get it dialed in correctly , its started to feel better.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

took it out, and it seems to do it alot less.. but..it still does it.. when i'm coming to a stop, and i put it out of gear, alittle blip of the throttle, helps it to stay steady .. here's the updated map. Take a look - lemme know how the settings look.
Attachments
B20VTEC440CC-PRO2s.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

One trick I have used is to manually keep the car at idle by using timing. For example: if you have an issue with the car cutting off when coming to a stop, add some timing to the upper left corner. You can also \"box\" in the desired idle with timing also. I used this once to fix a car that would cut off when coming to a stop.

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

DSMR wrote:One trick I have used is to manually keep the car at idle by using timing. For example: if you have an issue with the car cutting off when coming to a stop, add some timing to the upper left corner. You can also "box" in the desired idle with timing also. I used this once to fix a car that would cut off when coming to a stop.
I'll try that..
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

On my initial tunes, the 1k and lower rpm, and col 4 or 5 down to col one; I treat all fuel/ignition values as the same cell... I.e. I have them at all the same timing, and all the same fuel, until the rest of my tables are tuned enough to be able to interpolate the values down that low; It proved consistantly easier to get started by forcing the engine to idle :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock