Having a problem keeping the car running on first start..

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

9400RPMS
http://phpbb3styles.net

Having a problem keeping the car running on first start..

Post by 9400RPMS »

I gotta admit, i've have the same problem with crome, so i really wanna take the time to nip it in the bud.. When I go to start my car, it'll crank right up, then die.. unless i keep my foot on the gas and slowly let off to allow it to \"catch itself\" I guess you can call it, it'll just die. I have pretty much everything dead on, and have talked to bugermass so, i know pretty much everything is dead on.. I tried to take the car to the gas station when i got home from bring the girlfriend home from school, and i got in the car, cranked it up, and it died.. now it seems like its flooded and wont start.. If you need any info on the parameters or anything of that nature just let me know, its kindof annoying actually..
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

I'd also like to add that, i've tuned quite a few cars and seems that mine has only had this \"starting and keep running problem\" lol.. :-\\
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

David974

Post by David974 »

could you post the elf file and cal to see your problem i had a car who had some strange problem like you have i looked at the alternator and it wasn't, i was thinking of bad alternator finally i found the MAP sensor hose was cracked on the nipple causing me intermitent starting problem

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Car finally started, took it to the gas station to do some low cam tuning, car runs and starts perfect.. LOL, no vtec, i'm reving it to 8, and its blowing the tires off...
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

ya sure, i just got done tuning the low cam, so disreguard the high cam, thats from my old crome readings..
Attachments
B20VTEC440CC-PRO2s.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

If you need anything about the motor lemme know.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

If your running dsm injectors they are a PITA to get going sometimes.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

RC 440s
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

JaredKaragen wrote:If your running dsm injectors they are a PITA to get going sometimes.
How so? I ask because I have tuned about 5 of them and all cars do quite well.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

They are quirky when running in low Ms pulses (idle), and especially under higher fuel pressure.... I noticed 'waves' in my fuel tables from this.

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

I fixed the problem.. Now its just getting the car to feel good and what not.. I noticed today after i went back and tweaked so more low end, the car didn't stop pulling to about 7800rpms, and this was on low cam, vtec was disabled. I ended up putting vtec at about 6400rpms give or take a hundred or so, and it feels smooth, but it doesn't pull as hard as it did on the low cam, it doesn't really start to pull at all until around 8 grand, redline is set at 9200rpms right now.. still alot of cam gear tweaking and high cam tuning to do.. I also believe the stock cat on the car and the dinky crush bent piping is not helping neither..ill update as i go.. I spent alot of time learning the program pretty much inside and out, so i'll keep everyone updated, i hope to do well on this new setup, I did 220whp on the last set of cams(s2s2) on my cromepro street tune, with the gears set at 0/0, i didn't even get to finish tuning the car, now i have pro2s, and the car feels way stronger.. just top end wise.. i dunno i'm not happy with it right now, but i got alot of work ahead of me.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

JaredKaragen wrote:They are quirky when running in low Ms pulses (idle), and especially under higher fuel pressure.... I noticed 'waves' in my fuel tables from this.
My car idles like stock and I run them 97% Duty Cycle. These are on the "black tops" (95-99) on a stock fuel rail/FPR with a walboro 255. By any chance were you using the older "blue tops"? Those do not atomize fuel as well from what I have read.

Civic VTI-Turbo

Post by Civic VTI-Turbo »

What is the outdoor temperature? I'm also having difficulties with cold wether. Below 10 degrees Celcius. In the logs you can see that the IACV really respons very slow. It takes about 20 sec before the dutycycle rises. Little printscreen from my laptop. You can see that the car drops dead 2 times. Image
van Drie Tuning eCtune authorized tuner the Netherlands

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Honest to God, i dunno.. Like i got it fixed, but like after some highway driving and coming to a stop, the car will just die, but start right back up.. i'm thinking iavc needs to be open more.. or some more timing added to the idle.. i'm on pro2's.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Col1 values, and fcut resume will help fix this :). Moving idle as well; normally I found col1 and col2 adjustments solves the dying when revving down to idle.