Question, dont think i'm stupid..

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

9400RPMS
http://phpbb3styles.net

Question, dont think i'm stupid..

Post by 9400RPMS »

I'd really like to know the purpose of the secondary maps.. is this so ectune can support two tunes - E.I. one tune for 10 psi, one tune for 15psi? I was just looking at the secondary maps on my own motor and hoping that if i leave it on primary, it wont fuck anything up?? i'm just trying to learn, as i cant find any reading on the secondary cause.. thank you.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

ryanxbar

Post by ryanxbar »

i used it when i had a zex kit i could run all motor then i would hit a button which would active a gop then switch the map after i would meet the parameters set by the gop and nitrous would be engaged too off another switch but there are some people wh do use it as a high boost low boost thing

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

The possibilities for eCtunes secondary maps are almost end less. I've used them for quite a few things but mostly the following: Race Gas / Pump Gas, also on the same switch, PWM low boost / high boost. Or Summer time / Winter time Or Power / Fuel Econo
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Theres all kinds of uses for them
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

DEIVIONCRX

Post by DEIVIONCRX »

Do the Parameters stay with the Maps. Could i build a normal tune map on the Primarys, then add Anti-Lag, Launch Control etc... to the Secondary maps, and switch with a GPO.

12sec1/4

Post by 12sec1/4 »

DEIVIONCRX wrote:Do the Parameters stay with the Maps. Could i build a normal tune map on the Primarys, then add Anti-Lag, Launch Control etc... to the Secondary maps, and switch with a GPO.
Also interested to know this....
My Car Is A Hybrid; It Burns Petrol And It Burns Rubber.

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

From my findings if you set a parameter i.e anit-lag for primary map it also applies to secondary map

fr33w0rld

Post by fr33w0rld »

i wonder if calvin could change that...it would be something i'd really like...i really dont want lanch control and anti lag when i street drive....but would love it at the track along with high boost....all makes good sense to me

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

you can use a switch to enable/disable antilag/launch control. Just like you use a switch for switching maps.. you can even have it all switch on the same switch. ;)
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by EITCP »

I am using primary and secondary maps when people are using 95RON octane and 100RON octane fuel in my country. 95 octane fuel is a bit cheaper in my country so many people uses it.
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07