Proper way for distributor sync when using eCtune

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

VTEC Inside
http://phpbb3styles.net

Proper way for distributor sync when using eCtune

Post by VTEC Inside »

Yesterday I was trying to sync my distributor and I got confused. I know that to do that with stock ECU you need to jump service conector and disconnect IACV and then start the car and do the rest. As I see in eCtune there is ignition lock with field to insert number for degrees so I thought that I don't need to do what needs to be done with stock ECU and just check ignition lock and insert number where it should be locked but no matter what number I enter there was no change at sync light so I thought that I do something wrong. For my car ('90 Prelude) it should be 15* but I tried with different numbers and no change. Would somebody clear this for me please :)

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

What was your ect? I don't think it matters, cause it should work as-is non conditional.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

JaredKaragen wrote:What was your ect? I don't think it matters, cause it should work as-is non conditional.
I don't know what was the ect and what syncing has to do with ect? I remember that IAT ign. correction was active though if it matters. Would you please tell me the right way to do this.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I believe when you activate ignition lock, it's the same ad jumpering scs to check timing.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

David974

Post by David974 »

Hi i tried once to sync with a different value too and it doesn't work no matter the number you put in the sync window, it doesn't change on the timing light or mark on the crank pulley it only work on 16°

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

David974 wrote:Hi i tried once to sync with a different value too and it doesn't work no matter the number you put in the sync window, it doesn't change on the timing light or mark on the crank pulley it only work on 16°
That's what happenned with me. I was changing the values and no change so I thought that for something else or it doesn't work properly.
JaredKaragen wrote:I believe when you activate ignition lock, it's the same ad jumpering scs to check timing.
I'm wondering what exactly do the jumpering. I thought that it stops ignition corrections but while the ignition lock was activated IAT ign. corrections was active so any help?

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Ok I am not going crazy. Even though I am half blind and can't see through the other eye, I had a fit when I was messing with this. Good find.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

when you do timing sync, all ignition corrections are disabled and the final timing output is locked at 16.5
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

VTEC Inside

Post by VTEC Inside »

Bugermass wrote:when you do timing sync, all ignition corrections are disabled and the final timing output is locked at 16.5
Bugermass would you expain how you sync it with eCtune because it looks like I am missing something here. With eCtune do you still need to insert paper clip in the service connector or just activate ignition lock from the software? Does eCtune locks it always at 16.5 or it depends on the number you insert in eCtune? For my car it should be 15* by the way.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

use the sync in the software only.. this should lock it at 16.5 use 16.5 and shoot the TDC mark with your gun advanced to 16.5 ..

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Does the services connector still work for those who doesn't have a Tuner license of eCtune...

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yes it should. but honestly I\"ve never checked. Theres an option in the software that lets you enable a custom ign lock via SCC, but I've never tried it without that option enabled.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Does the car bog down or change tone when you jump the service check connector?
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

The timing sync feature works fine for me. I have no problems changing the sync timing.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

TopMountGSR wrote:Does the car bog down or change tone when you jump the service check connector?
Don't know, will try that..