secondary maps fail-with video and datalog HELP PLEASE

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

combz
http://phpbb3styles.net

secondary maps fail-with video and datalog HELP PLEASE

Post by combz »

Gentlemen, I explain everything in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd6V49NaXl8 All i can add is im using a 2.3.r 14 version of ectune..which im pretty sure is up to date. car runs perfectly fine on primary maps, i hit copy primary to secondary, to make sure tables are the same...and then check to make sure they are. then i activate my input switch for secondary maps...and car shuts off.. when car is cold..i can just barely start the car on secondary maps...and its wayyyyy too lean..but how is that possible if the maps are direct copiess???? Note on this tune i switched map sensors from motorola 2.5 bar to 3.5 AEM, i changed it in my tune...and like u can see in the video everything is fine...maybe there is some bug that it doesnt copy over the map sensor or something to the secondary maps????ideas.. HELP...i would love for this to work, so i can have two maps..one for meth/water injection and one without..but obviously if i run outof meth right now..and it switches to this my cvar cannot even idle..shuts off.
Attachments
secondarymapsfail.elf
(332.78 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
d16z6June22_battoffsetchanges.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

combz

Post by combz »

must be a bug in software, i created completly new map again... this time selecting. 3.5 bar from the start..and now car does not change when i switch to secondary maps...stragne little bug. ectune keeps getting errors and closing out on me..that never hap[pened last year when i was using it either...

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

that is very odd.. I've used 2ndary maps many times. Must have somthing to do with the change in map sensor or somthing.. I'll look into it.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

That is odd, I always encourage everyone to use this feature and have used it over and over again with great results.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

What input are you using to select them? You've molested that map something awful, you need to learn the different xyz interpolate buttons, and how to get the car to run on a smooth symmetrical map. You keep playing with ectune for long enough and you will see exactly what I am talking about. One step is not trying to hit exact air fuels in each cell but to hit a safe similar average air fuel range throughout each column. Match column to column evenly. You'd be better off if you started with one of my similar tuned maps, get it idling bottom 14s with the overall fuel trim and do no cell tuning what so ever, just raise and lower each column as needed, while keeping it all even in 3d. You will get further doing this a with amazing results a whole lot quicker. This is how I recommend everyone to start as you can be flogging on it safely in boost tables in minutes. You'll shit with how smooth it is right off the bat. Hope this helps, DK
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Maybe when you are switching between maps it is hitting a hole in the map that you had. I took a few mins and smoothed out your low cam map. What I did was flatten out your low cam fuel map to what I would assume to be on the nice and rich side (in the boost areas). I smoothed out and guessed to what the map was wanting to see for cruising around. I am assuming that you used the auto tune feature to do some of this? From here drive the car around and just move the collumns around to target in your AFR (This is for cruising first). After you have the driveability where it is really smooth, disable vtec and do some WOT pulls in just the low cam map. From here you can adjust the maps by using just the collumns to \"rough\" in the fuel map. After that you will begin to see a few things like some RPMs will want more fuel than others. This is where you need to figure out the VE map for the car. This is where the rubber meets the road and why there are no 2 cars that are exactly alike. Just make sure that you do not cross lines and keep it nice and smooth. I am not going to get into timing as that is an entire different issue. So I would start with a good base tune then take it step by step before you start adding high speed low drag things like secondary maps. Sometimes you try to add so much at one time that you can't see the forest through the trees (I have been guilty of this before) but just take it slow and you will notice trends.
Attachments
d16z6June22_battoffsetchangesFlattenedoutLOWCAM.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

make sure and copy map/rpm scalar from prim to sec map. i have used it a few times in race fuel apps
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

combz

Post by combz »

thanks for the tips guys..i really did this map in about 15 mins, i had a chance to put it on the dyno and had just put my car together, so i didnt tune the car properly. I know the cells should be evenly spaced in 3D. This was wierd though i selected high impedence RC750's and the car was not even close to being able to start the raw fuel values were off by almost 200 points in the idle region. the battery offset tables are not good from the start either..if i flick on my headlights the afr changes by almost 2 points..and even tuning the battery offset tables is tricky to get the AFR to stay the same.. anyways thanks, i started a fresh map that day i figured out the problem, so it will be much cleaner when i actually have some time to tune the car on the dyno!

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

the RC750s are the worst injectors in the world.. The battery offset tables are just starting points. Every set of injectors, actually every injector for that matter will differ in latency. Use FV to add offset to the basemap to get the car close to where it needs to be.. THEN start tuning.. I don't reccomend using overall % trim or moving the whole complete map up or down. Just add FV until your parthrottle is as close as you can get then tune. If idle fueling is significantly less than part throttle fueling (IE very large transition in idle fueling) then yoru battery comp tables need to be adjusted.

combz

Post by combz »

Bugermass wrote:the RC750s are the worst injectors in the world.. The battery offset tables are just starting points. Every set of injectors, actually every injector for that matter will differ in latency. Use FV to add offset to the basemap to get the car close to where it needs to be.. THEN start tuning.. I don't reccomend using overall % trim or moving the whole complete map up or down. Just add FV until your parthrottle is as close as you can get then tune. If idle fueling is significantly less than part throttle fueling (IE very large transition in idle fueling) then yoru battery comp tables need to be adjusted.
ok well my bisi cam came in today, so im actually going to tune the car this week..im going to sart with a new base cal. Is FV the same as in Crome? Like say if i put in 45, does it add 0.45 to the battery offset tables? I find it extremly hard to get these rc750's to work well at idle. Even tuning the battery offset table..it seems like they like to idle around 14.0 ish...anything much higher than that ..it starts to idle surge. Its a pain...i read a little about someones method on here of unplugging the alt to tune those batt offsets... but it seems no matter what i adjust the offset tables to for these injectors, they do not like to hold constant AFR when battery load changes. BLAHHH!! The RC 440's were very easy tot une the offset tables with. These however are frustrating the hell out of me! I have my IACV adjusted -50%, and car idles at 1000 rpm..with target idle set to 800rpm..AFR at around 14.0 Car runs smoother when i turn headlights on a idle. its messed up lol.

combz

Post by combz »

and i just experimented. i added 240% for turbo efficiency...from a basemape to get the correct fuel values i needed at 8 psi..to hold an AFR at around 11.5. That seems like a hell of a lot doesn it?? Maybe that number wont be so high once someone tells me how FV is actually calculated into the final fuel mixture calculation. It would help if i wasnt theorizing from my bed on my laptop..and actually doing this on the car..but its taken apart and waiting for my cam to go in lol.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yup, somthings not right.. if you had to move your IAC down -50 you have a vaccum leak somwhere. I usually do 160% fuel for boost and its almost always right there. Keep it simple, I think most people have issues cause they try to change to much stuff and the wrong things..