TPS TIP-IN what is it exactly!?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

barry
http://phpbb3styles.net

TPS TIP-IN what is it exactly!?

Post by barry »

could this be giving me my rich partial throttle issues wideband reads 12.5 at 6% throttle ....or in other words im crusing rich! can someone explain what it does and how it works ? thanks guys

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Tipin is the corrections that happen when you increase the throttle... I might venture a guess that too much was changed before you drove on the map; you should start fresh, and go directly to battery offsets and injector calibration, then after that, do a first drive and start editing the map. Dsm450's can be tricky; and make you pull hair if you try to change too much at once.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

barry

tps tip in

Post by barry »

yes they are very tricky i started off with a fresh map i even tuned the 1 and 2nd rows got them as close as i can tuned the offset batt etc. idk where else to begin!

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I wish u were close by; I'd show u a street tuning session :p I do remember having buttloads of issues over time, and it basically took me digging through logs and making changes to the points I felt problems to smooth them out... But enough small changes at a time over a few weeks and I got it fingered out.

relic1

Post by relic1 »

I'd give you a hand as well, but I don't have any work trips planned for seguin, I've been there a couple times in the past few years. tip-in = TPS increase over a set amount of time. If you know carbs, think accelerator pump. Rapid throttle change requires additional fuel to be injected to prevent a lean spike, tip-in is used to prevent that. As far as your problem, in addition to what Jared said, keep in mind that the fuel value that's used is based on the surrounding four values, so if you have one cell that's rich and the others are perfect, any set of four that includes that rich location will run the car rich. (I hope that makes sense) you can always post your cal and log file to show us what you're having problems with.
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

relic1 wrote:As far as your problem, in addition to what Jared said, keep in mind that the fuel value that's used is based on the surrounding four values, so if you have one cell that's rich and the others are perfect, any set of four that includes that rich location will run the car rich. (I hope that makes sense)
Thanks for putting that into better words =) I am normally at work answering these questions on my iPhone and it can be a little difficult to get it all clear without being able to see most of what I wrote (scrolling up and down in a text box can be a nuisance.