Demon losing connection?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Vtec6000
http://phpbb3styles.net

Demon losing connection?

Post by Vtec6000 »

Anyone else having trouble with there Moates Demon losing connection and having to close ectune and reopen again to get it to connect? Kept happening to me today while on dyno was very annoying :x

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Normally that's a sign of emi, bad cable, or insufficent ground to the demon... It could be the demon, but look into those things first.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

Ok so I was on Dyno this weekend tuning a different car and the same problem happened after about 30mins on Dyno it would loose connection to demon and also I seem to have a problem with it not logging the AFR's even though it shows the Reading in data window

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Vtec6000 wrote:Ok so I was on Dyno this weekend tuning a different car and the same problem happened after about 30mins on Dyno it would loose connection to demon and also I seem to have a problem with it not logging the AFR's even though it shows the Reading in data window
I bet the afr's are saved in the datalog graph, and your cell population settings for the afr reading is incorrect... Probably requiring too many hits, or conditions wrong.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

JaredKaragen wrote:
Vtec6000 wrote:Ok so I was on Dyno this weekend tuning a different car and the same problem happened after about 30mins on Dyno it would loose connection to demon and also I seem to have a problem with it not logging the AFR's even though it shows the Reading in data window
I bet the afr's are saved in the datalog graph, and your cell population settings for the afr reading is incorrect... Probably requiring too many hits, or conditions wrong.
my cell population settings are fine as it logs the AFR every other time except when I'm on the Dyno for awhile