Baro Sensor

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

killer2239
http://phpbb3styles.net

Baro Sensor

Post by killer2239 »

Question. I have P72 GSR ecu with Baro, Knock, etc. When i go to fuels and trims, and click Baro settings. Its blank. Nothing to change. I have plans to install ITB's on my car soon, and tune the car TPS based. And wanted to know if this could be used so if i travel and increase elevation by 3000ft that it will compensate. Also, which is the best TPS map to use, a TPS sensor or Aplha-N? I did a search for Baro but only few things came up, and nothing was helpful for what im looking for.

killer2239

Post by killer2239 »

Anyone???

David974

Post by David974 »

The baro function is no more available like knock sensing function for your other question, i would say logicaly you would go for alpha N because elevation is important for you the map sensor will be helpfull is it a daily drivrer car?

killer2239

Post by killer2239 »

David974 wrote:The baro function is no more available like knock sensing function for your other question, i would say logicaly you would go for alpha N because elevation is important for you the map sensor will be helpfull is it a daily drivrer car?
Yes this will be a daily driver. Is there an article that explains the Alpha-N in full detail, and how to set it up? Iv never tuned Alpha-N before. I have tuned AEM standalone and tuned for TPS only on a built s2000 motor for land speed events. So that was race only. But i need to have corrections for altitude as this is my daily and I do travel long distance a few times a year.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

The baro sensor is just on or off in the first parameters pane... It does work... I always leave it on when the ecu has it... No need for adjusting IMHO. But alpha/n is basically using tps below x load, and map sensor above x load... It was mainly for itb defile as it is hard to get a good vacuum reading at low rpm without a plenum and unified throttlebody.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

cyanide

Post by cyanide »

JaredKaragen wrote:But alpha/n is basically using tps below x load, and map sensor above x load... It was mainly for itb defile as it is hard to get a good vacuum reading at low rpm without a plenum and unified throttlebody.
I think you mistyped, it's in reverse. You can get a good vacuum value at low rpms if you use a seperate vacuum source for the MAP sensor. On my ITB build, I have an option of using 3 vacuum points for each TB (2 are originally for vacuum, third is the unused injector port). I've closed off one of the holes on each port, use the injector holes for the vacuum manifold and the third hole from all ports tee-d off to a single vac line that connects to the MAP sensor. Using MAP till there's 0 vacuum, finding the TPS % where this happens, then setting that as the crossover point to TPS values. On my daily driven ITB build, I usually see 0 vacuum at around 18-20 % throttle, so the TPS map starts at that point.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

That must have been it; but it's been forever since I tuned an ITB setup :)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock