Lean Issue

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

gc8dc95
http://phpbb3styles.net

Lean Issue

Post by gc8dc95 »

I am trying to find my problem. My car runs and starts fairly well, but it seems to go lean very quickly when the boost pressure gets higher. The map is made by me on the street and basically want to know if I am out of fuel or if my tuning is wrong in this area. Its not the greatest map and is my first real attempt at it. I have since done a little more part throttle, so ignore the lower rpm stuff. 89 Prelude SI (B20A5) Precision SC61 MSD Digital 6 Plus/HVC-II Coil -8an Fuel Lines/Aeromotive FPR/Walbro 255/ Fuel Cell Precision 880cc Injectors??? Still trying to verify this? Could be the problem Running on E85 fuel As you can see in the datalog it seems to be doing ok getting into boost until up to around 9psi and then goes lean almost instantly. The car seems to run fine at under 9psi. I have, as you can see on the map turned the fuel way up in the boost portion to see if it helped and it did not. It seems to me that these injectors may be much smaller than previously thought or I am maybe not keeping enough fuel pressure. I am going to watch my fuel pressure the next time I get a chance to get the car out. I have a set of known 1000cc PTE on the way and I am really hoping it is that or I suck at tuning....lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
b123_11082010_1839.elf
2nd and 3rd gear run
(43.25 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
base_first_startup4.cal
Current Map
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

I'll look at it when I get home; thanks for posting cal and datalog, makes it easier.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

gc8dc95

Post by gc8dc95 »

I verified via PN that the injectors currently installed in the car are PTE 880cc.

gc8dc95

Post by gc8dc95 »

I think I found the problem. After doing some reading and watching my datalogs more closely, I noticed the bat voltage at 11.5v. I went out to my car with a multimeter and discovered my alternator is toast. My fuel pump is only getting about 10.5v and isnt keeping the fuel pressure up very well at idle. So, hopefully this fixes my problem. It seems like it would cause my problems.

gc8dc95

Post by gc8dc95 »

Well, it seems I solved my own problem so far. The new alternator helped tremendously and car runs much better. I now am able to tune better as well since things are cooperating. thanks