What should I expect to see?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jerseydevil
http://phpbb3styles.net

What should I expect to see?

Post by jerseydevil »

My current setup. 94 GSR (C1) 11:1 compression 81.5mm pistons 0.5mm O.S. valves 4-2-1 exhaust to stock cat followed by 2.25 pipes stock GSR intake manifold 96 obd2 gsr injectors fuel psi at 42 regulated 60 unregulated (stock regulator) So what sort of differences should I expect to see over the base program? I created a basemap in ectune using a p72 ecu and p72-273 profile. Turned off 02 closedloop correction and started it up. Was rather surprised to see it running around 16.5-17 afr at an idle. Pretty much stayed around that afr under light loading too. I didn't dare try runnign it further (didn't hear any detonation but I prefer to be more cautious). The auto correction tables suggested adding 15% to the column it did run through, that was after I added +e5 to the entire map. Adding the 15% brought me up to 13.0 Which is what I read around here is a good starting point for 11:1 compression. Just wondering if those modifcation to the engine listed would produce that much of lean condition with the base map. And another question. ectune has the vtec point set for 4895 in both conditions in a p72 map? I thought the gsr engaged at 4400rpm? Should the high load point be moved down to the 4400 to be closer to honda settings? Third question. Is there a way to get the MIL to flash when you pass a certain afr? So you go to lean it lights up and you can take immediate action? I'll more than likely be doing all this solo, so keeping an eye on the road is 200x more important than keeping an eye on the datalogging. My wideband guage is in the cluster and within easy eye shot, but a little flashing light would help lots.

fr33w0rld

Post by fr33w0rld »

the base map is a general starting point on which for u to tune from..you can go under settings and chose your own af targets for that to be based on...as for what the proper afr to be for a NA engine i have no clue...i thought stock was 14.7 ...as for vtec points...it is best set on the dyno...the best way to do it is to set the vtec point at lets say 2000 rpm...do a pull...then set vtec point at 8000rpm...and were the 2 lines intersect is pretty much the best point for vtec to engage..as for a mil light flash when it runs lean i have no idea...there is a beautiful feature called lean cut...when the engine goes lean it cuts it like a rev limit...i have tuned my own engine up to 17 psi solo on the street...