Gear correction vs ectune base map.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jerseydevil
http://phpbb3styles.net

Gear correction vs ectune base map.

Post by jerseydevil »

I'm wondering what gear the stock p72-273 base map was designed to run in? I choose to try and tune and record with the overlay in second gear. Mostly cause I could run through the entire rpm range in this gear without exceeding any speed limits. I got my brother to watch the lap top so I could fully concentrate on the road. I was targettign a 13:0:1 afr as that was the data I found on pgmfi.org which said for a 11:1 compression motor that was a good starting point. So that's what we did. Dunno if we did this all the right way, as my searching skills seem to return shoddy results everywhere. What I noticed was that when I got second gear to start producing a nice 13:0afr across the entire map, third gear was leaning out a bit on the high end. This was after having to reduce fuel in these spots to get second to work out right. So i'm curious as to what gear these maps were designed to run in? Which makes me then wonder if we were targetting that gear if the maps would have worked out better and all we needed to do was ajust the gear correction for 2nd.

fr33w0rld

Post by fr33w0rld »

big question here...were these pulls done with the same load on the car?? u can do your iat corrections and change how much fuel it adds to the map under certain conditions...was the engine temp the same on both pulls? was the air temp the same on both pulls...things like that should be considered and looked at when tuning...u can tune your whole map when it's hot out and get it just right...and then u could be driving in late fall at night and lean out due to the colder air and lower temps...i've seen it happen on a couple boosted setups...you have a lot of control over the ecu.....