sensors not showing in sensor panel?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jerseydevil
http://phpbb3styles.net

sensors not showing in sensor panel?

Post by jerseydevil »

I'm using ectune pro and a demon. Setup the basemap with the create basemap doodad. Picked p72 ecu and p72-273 as the code. I can't seem to get the knock sensor to show in the sensor panel. It's enabled in the parameters section, but in the display panel it skips over it. SHows batt volage, ELD voltage and goes over knock right to MIL. This is assuming the sensor panel shows in the same order as they display in the sensor setup panel. I scrolled up and down the entire panel and it doesn't show up. Not a terribly huge problem, I just wanted to see if my forged pistons were beign picked up by the knock sensor or not. If they are i'll turn the sensor off, if not I'll leave it on as a little something is better than nothign at all right?

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

You are really not missing out on much info with the knock sensor as it was never meant for performance, but rather emissions and fuel mileage. The frequency at which it reads is very narrow and at lower RPM's. I have also heard that it is only used in closed loop. Maybe someone else can confirm this. Honestly, when I chip computers I usually just take out the knock board. It is primitive and useless IMHO.