getting steady idle need some help

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ashb82
http://phpbb3styles.net

getting steady idle need some help

Post by ashb82 »

I got some 880cc injector I can get them to idle well with 13.5 A/F. I get a choppy idle if i go any leaner. I have tuned on crome for years now. With ectune on the first time i start the car with new basemap, do i increase Injector offset till i get a smooth idle or do i increase overall fuel trim. I will post my base map so you guys can look at it i did some street tuning with the injector offset @13 and the overall fuel trim at 10%.
Attachments
new tune2.elf
(5.31 MiB) Downloaded 175 times
F22Abisicamtune.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

David974

Post by David974 »

when the car is fully warmed play with injector offset until you have 14,7 afr just after you need to play with battery compensation table, put electrical load on the car (switch on every electrical devices) and tune these value, you AFR 14,7 would stay the same at every voltage load these setting will be set at idle

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

David974 wrote:when the car is fully warmed play with injector offset until you have 14,7 afr just after you need to play with battery compensation table, put electrical load on the car (switch on every electrical devices) and tune these value, you AFR 14,7 would stay the same at every voltage load these setting will be set at idle
i have set the battery offset. I have done every thing as said above but when i get the idle to 14.7 my idle is choppy and has a pop to it. I also get some hic ups while driving around. I have been reading that larger injectors like to run rich

David974

Post by David974 »

i think i 've already hear that 880cc have some bad idling issue perhaps if you have a FMU you could rise the fuel pressure to help with fuel spray

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

I took my overall fuel trim to 0 and set my injector offset to 15 the car does alot better. still hickups a little at idle buy is alot better on the street

fr33w0rld

Post by fr33w0rld »

you have bisi in your cal name...your runing a bisi cam? what stage? it took me a while to get the idle set right with my bisi cam...and it did certainly like 13.5 as an idle point...have u had this engine running on crome with the same set up with no problems??

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

Its just a 1.2 turbo cam. The idle is a lot better with ectune, when i use crome it would have very bad idle. I have a very smooth idle now just rich. I have been driving it alot this week seems alot better. I put on a h23 intake manifold a bigger throttle body.I need to get it dynoed. I am hoping for some 300+ hp numbers. this is in a civic with a h2b kit. I have a turbonetic 60 trim ar.62 exhaust. i have no traction with a lsd tranny and traction bars.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Try playing with idle ignition timing... With adjustments you can probably get afr down a lot and maintain a good idle... But this should be done after your injector offsets are tuned from 9-16v; and if you've already tried a lower fuel pressure.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Larger injectors in the older styles are inconsistant at low pulsewidths so somtimes its impossible to get a perfectly smooth idle with them at leaner mixtures. You can eithe run them richer, ignore the studders, or get rid of your resistor box and get a FJO injector driver from Xenocron. The other option is you can upgrade to some newer style FIC or ID saturated injectors like the ID1000s, or FIC 950s. The newer style injectors will compeltely eliminate your idle issues.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

He speaks the truth, my fic injectors are very smooth every were, not sure if its related but my car also has the smoothest dyno graph that I've ever seen of any local hondas
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

I guess i will live with it till i can get some better injectors. Do ID1000s and FIC 950s require a injector driver.

manbearpig

Post by manbearpig »

what is it that makes some cars have problems and other not? I have also been having trouble trying to tune a friends car on 880cc injectors, anything over 13 afr and starts to pop. I tried playing with the timing and idle speed but cant smooth it out, only thing I have not tried is playing with the fp. Does lowering the fp normally help?

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

i got my fp at stock psi. my car does good as long as it rich

dbsharp

Post by dbsharp »

When I tuned my buddy Errol's car with the ID 1000 cc injectors in and with the bisimoto 1.2 f22a cam, he was upset because his car idled all most as smooth as stock. He wanted his idle to sound lopy! I got it to idle smoothly at 14:1, around 14.7-15 it did have a slight lope. I actually miss the nice lope my car used to have on crome. Ectune is smoother.

ashb82

Post by ashb82 »

dbsharp wrote:When I tuned my buddy Errol's car with the ID 1000 cc injectors in and with the bisimoto 1.2 f22a cam, he was upset because his car idled all most as smooth as stock. He wanted his idle to sound lopy! I got it to idle smoothly at 14:1, around 14.7-15 it did have a slight lope. I actually miss the nice lope my car used to have on crome. Ectune is smoother.
I like smooth idle, i got it worked out. I just have to go little rich untill i get some id1000s