need help, can't figure this out.

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jerseydevil
http://phpbb3styles.net

need help, can't figure this out.

Post by jerseydevil »

I missing somethign important on how to setup all this shit. I've tried varous ways, and I always end up with some sort of problem. I've tried runnign the basemaps, my own map, and topmount's high res n/a maps. The first step I've read is load up what ever base map, i'll use topmounts as I liked his maps the best so far. I then start the car and let it warm and idle. OK. I go into injector cal and use the little +/- buttons to get the afr reading to @14.7. After doing that I do a little road test. My afr's stay at @14. SO I need to add some fuel. I end up adding about 20% fuel on top of the entire map to get it to run @12.5. The problem starts when I turn on closed loop again. It dodesn't seem to work.. AFR stay at 12.5 instead of going back to 14.7 under closed loop conditions. I've got closed loop goign through d14 with a wideband signal from an lc-1. Allready checked for voltage offset and stuff. I've tried chagne the cloosed loop trim from anywhere from -10% to -90% and it seems to have no effect. The two fields below it have I tried both 10/-10 and something like 30/-30 and those made no difference either. I've got it setup now where I pulled fuel out of the left columns to pull it down to 14 manually. It feels like a hack job. Part of the problem is i'm reading conflicting information. Some sources said to tune for a specific afr accross the entire map.. other sources have said to tune in stages.. like 12.5 for high load.. 13.5 ish for medium load and 14.5 for low load.

jerseydevil

Post by jerseydevil »

First url is the cal Second is a large log.. about 19 mins. Good deal of it's idle time while i look at the maps and or stop lights. (not lookign at maps at lights)
Attachments
2nd try gsr high res.cal
current map i'm trying. Mostly works.
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
2nd try gsr high res.elf
19 min log file. using that cal.
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 163 times

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Make sure to learn and tune w ectune in open loop mode.. honestly man, I think I have maybe used closed loop twice in ectune. Don't think you can rely on closedloop.. You have a good start, if I were you, don't tune each cell, just start off tuning each row only. Raise and lower each column as needed to match your desired afrs ranges. This is a fast way to get excellent results, esp if you are starting out with my tuned maps. Make sure to tune out the inj bat offset tables or you will be tuning in circles.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

jerseydevil

Post by jerseydevil »

Alright.. I think i'll start over once again with your maps and do as you suggest. The only reason I wanted close loop to work is the car still needs to pass NJ state emissions testing.