how do you access datalog on demon?

Support forum for eCtune software.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

jerseydevil
http://phpbb3styles.net

how do you access datalog on demon?

Post by jerseydevil »

I'm refering to the on chip datalog storage in the demon device. I can access normal dataloggingwhile the car is rinning with the laptop. Moates says the demon should have 4mb of data storage on board. This is what I want to try to access.

ChingyHatch

Post by ChingyHatch »

eCtune doesn't support on board logging.

civic4g

Post by civic4g »

True That's a PITA. Neptune is ahead of us on this ( almost 1 year ahead :) ) I think eCtune development is somewhat stagnated, I hope I'm wrong. Calvin, make me wrong.

jerseydevil

Post by jerseydevil »

Well that sucks. What happened to this? http://forum.ectune.com/viewtopic.php?t ... g&start=90
calvin wrote:
dr_drache wrote:I understand that too, but if there were so many testers out there for so long, you would think that the programmers of the top softwares would get a beta unit. it's funny how many testers there were, and yet there are alot of incomplete features on the units. quite a few things that were in the old unit, were forgotten, or just not soldered on. and then features that are advertised are worthless in 99% of the cases. 16x storage locations? why? who will ever need more than 2 or 3? what happened to the bluetooth? the external port for logging? (TV2) and the on board logging... don't get me started.. on board logging? without a 0-5v input ONBOARD? seems like that would be #1 on the "needed" features to make onboard logging worth the time. yes, i know the pads are there, but there is a steadfast refusal to release schematics so people can make use of them. of course it wasn't going to be ready, when you can't even get test units to the programmers who matter. I may not be the best tuner in the world, but i can tell when something seems a little messed up. for little things like that, when the design is NOT that far off from the older RTP (neptune) and it was being tested for almost 2 years? sounds like a microsoft job to me.....
Onboard datalogging is working. It just needs to polished.

ChingyHatch

Post by ChingyHatch »

It might have been a joke. Craig Moates says he hasn't even started.